Bow Blouses: Thumbs up or down?

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Do you wear bow blouses? Would you? Ever since I can remember I’ve been a bit intimidated by women who wore them as I had this idea of them being super feminine. My mom had a red dotty one that she looked incredible in, especially when she paired it up with red lips and messy 70's hair. Last week while visiting a friend, I spotted her new mustard bow silk blouse and asked if I can try it on. Well, let's just say that four days later I got a dotty bow navy blouse that I adore. The best part is that it looks amazingly casual with jeans and peeking out from under my winter sweaters. I simply adore how it creates a wonderful sprezzatura twist to my plain everyday look. I’m hooked! You? xo

P.S: Bow blouses are considered very ladylike!
P.P.S: Here are 3 ways to bow-tying-perfection!

(Photos by The SartorialistSweet Thing, Vanessa Jackman, Merc, Altamira, Primark, Stockholm Streetstyle, ASOS and via Sybarite, Gina)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you just convinced me that I should get one of those blouses. They look very elegant but casual too. I think, I'll start with a small bow and see how it goes from there. Cheers, Grace.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Yes and I love the second picture! I need to dig out my bow blouse!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

Definitely thumbs up, especially those flow-y less structured ones. Very beautiful, makes the blouse pop and so very feminine :)

Jillian said...

Up! I have a couple that I like to wear to work. But that's the only time I wear them. Otherwise, it's jeans and a tee for me!

Elizabeth Benfield said...

i love bow blouses!! however, im not a fan of them on me. i think they look very elegant on a woman with a smaller chest. i have tried on a few and i just feel top heavy. maybe one day ill get a breast reduction and feel more comfortable rocking the bow :)

Ethaney said...

love them! i think they're sweet :)

dotblogg said...

lovely! especially the second and the seventh!:)definitely my favourite ones!:)
hugs!
J

holtkamp said...

i love this look but i haven't ventured wearing one yet! :)

Caren Richardson said...

I think they are very pretty, they are unflattering on me though...tried them! lol

HiLLjO said...

Love! I want an emerald one!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Grace! I think a little bow to start off sounds like a wonderful idea. You will look amazing for sure:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chic 'n Cheap Living, YAY! And Vanisha, I LOVE those too:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Good point, Elizabeth:) Btw: Awww...your profile photo is so sweet! Your little one is adorable! Swoon!

regina said...

I love bow blouses! They are very pretty. I have one that belonged to my mom. :)

CHEVRON and GEOMETRICS said...

Mmm, I think I like them. But personally I prefer simple neutral colored ones worn casually with jeans. They add such a chic touch.

xxx

Kristina said...

I own two bow blouses and love them both dearly! And one in mustard yellow? on my shopping list as of now :)
Kristina x

Stephanie said...

I don't, but I want to, they're so cute!!

Oh, My Darling said...

I dig 'em! Retro cool!

Relydesign said...

thumbs up :D your selection of images is great!!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so sweet, regina:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Kristina, isn't is sassy? Btw: it's from Primark

Gloria Lee said...

The Womens Clothing to make a woman more sexy and charming.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk