A Healthier Way To Phone Chit-Chats!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Do you have a sitting job? Well, last night Balazs read a great article full of tips on how to make your office/sitting job healthier. We all know the usual recommendations, like getting up every hour just to stretch or to park your car a block away from the office so you can get a little bit of exercise before work, right? Well, the one tip that surprised us most is actually pretty doable and very clever.

Here it is: make a habit of always taking a call while walking about. So, whenever your phone rings or you are the one who makes the call,  you should get up from your desk and casually stroll about. Studies prove that this little habit can really make a big difference in your life as let’s face it: we do talk a lot on the phone, so this way we end up moving about a lot more than before.
 
Doesn’t that sound pretty clever? Would you give it a go? What are your little healthy-office-job tips?
 
P.S: Also, table phone talk.
P.P.S: Do you remember those funky British telephone booths or the awesome phone booth aquarium?

(Photos by The Sartorialist & the middle via les femmes)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes so much sense to me Diana! I sit probably 7-8 hours a day with little breaks here and there...This trick will helps me a lot. Jill

Ann On and On... said...

I think it's a great idea to get up and walk around even at home. It's worth making an effort...right.

Young at Heart said...

I've started dancing around when I'm working from home....to keep warm!!

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

i watched a special on how sitting is so bad for us - i have a sitting job - i've started to walk around the office once every hour :o)

LyddieGal said...

too bad my work phone is tethered to my desk!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is great, Jill. I hope it will help:)

Diana Mieczan said...

TOTALLY, Ana! I love your take on it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Dancing, Young at Heart? What a brilliant idea:) I will be trying that:) I usually only dance about while cooking.

Diana Mieczan said...

Erika, walking around the office once every hour sounds like a fantastic idea:) Plus, a fun way to catch up with work-friends:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk