Winter Fun: Ice Skating Party

Monday, December 10, 2012

My darlings, do you ice skate? Are you a winter person? Well, this year Balazs and I have a plan to embrace the chilly season to the fullest so when I stumbled upon Kate's oh-so sweet skating party photos I literally jumped up and did a happy dance.

How cool would it be to organize a little winter bonfire in the middle of a frozen lake? Or go for a snow picnic somewhere in the woods? We could decorate the place with twinkling lights, take steamy hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows to warm everyone up or even roast chestnuts for when we fancy a snack. Also, it would be a great idea to bundle up in layers and (just to be safe) put on double socks so our toes stay toasty.

There is nothing better than a view of happy faces with red noses and rosy cheeks on a snowy day, is there? Hmm, doesn’t that sound like a plan? Are you game? xoxo

P.S: Also this beautiful birthday bash under the stars.
P.P.S: A stunning GIVEAWAY Monday is coming up:) Stay tuned!

(Photos by Geneve Hoffman via The Sweetest Occasion)

16 comments:

lisa said...

what beautiful images.....i would love to have a white christmas one year, and i adore christmas smooch lisa xx

Ana Cooks said...

oh man...you always pick really special moments and photographers!

Sini said...

I LOVE winter, maybe even more than summer. And ice skating is so much fun, we used to have this kind of events every year. In school we had "bow ice skating" party, where you got a matching bows and you needed to search your partner and ice skate with him. Of course it was boy+girl skating so it was exciting for us! :)

Jen Daiker said...

Goregous!!!! I'm in love with snow. So sad to know that living in Houston I'm unlucky enough to not get to embrace the chilled wonder!

Chloe Moon said...

I love to ice skate but none of my friends do...Sometimes I go to my local ice skating rink and just go around & around for hours just because...These party pics are a dream...I don't know if I could skate on a real lake or stream tho...ahhh..that scares me! =)

Ergo - Blog

Dominika said...

What a gorgeous idea! I wish I could participate in such event... even if not skating (I do pretty badly), just watching & enjoying...

Vintage Market Place said...

This totally reminds me of home. My brothers used to get together with their friends and play hockey on the frozen lake with a warm fire off on the side and food galore.
Gosh. I miss winter
Amy

HiLLjO said...

I think I'll sit this year out with my quickly-expanding belly; wouldn't want to fall on my butt and jar the baby!

LyddieGal said...

what a cute idea - definitely has not gotten cold enough here for that yet!
Chic on the Cheap

Punctuation Mark said...

These is one of those great things about Xmas in the north... we dont have anything like that in here!

Karen Toms said...

This looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures. Count me in on your plan xx

Diana Mieczan said...

Lisa, have a cozy day! And Ana, aww..thank you:) You're so sweet.

Diana Mieczan said...

That is such a beautiful and sweet idea, Sini:)Melts my heart!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Amy, that sounds dreamy! And HiLLjO, that is probably a good idea:) You look beautiful.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Karen!

HiLLjO said...

Hey thanks :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk