My Little Festive Secret

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Fancy a little secret? Well that might sound strange since most people get annoyed by last minute cancellations during the Holiday season; I on the other hand enjoy an occasional festive time cancellation. It can be anything from a work meeting being rescheduled for later to a coffee date with a friend who can not make it that night. Well, a few years ago I used to get really bothered by it as it felt like wasted time but now I just see it as freed-up time for myself – like a little pre-Christmas gift. If I get a call that something is rescheduled I simply use that slot for a quick manicure or treat myself to an hour of swimming or even have a quick nap. Something that during this busy time of the year I simply don’t have much time for.

Loves, do you have any little Christmas season surviving tips? Do tell. xo

P.S: Also, fancy making someone's day?
P.P.S: Life lessons.

(Thanks, Emma Cannon. Photo of Diane Keaton, 1975 via Shelby Elsbree)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I like that a lot Diana. I usually get pretty upset about those things but from now on I'll look at it in a completely new way. Cheers, Grace.
Happy Holidays!

this free bird said...

I'm with you, I love a cancellation--preferably when the airline cancels my flight home to the parents! CONFESSION

Karen Albert said...

I try to schedule in plenty of down time! To read. do my rehab therapy, just be!

xoxo
Karena
2012 Artist's Series

Sini said...

I try to book time for myself, I hate when the stress takes over me. I'm supposed to leave in few days, nothing done and here I am - drinking coffee and reading blogs ;)

tutusandtea said...

Aren't those the most darling shots of Diane?? I actually just started reading her memoir, 'Then Again' and I'm totally loving it!

Young at Heart said...

any down time is good time........champagne gets me through the big day, a glass taken at breakfast sees me through what ever disasters may follow......!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh fantastic, Grace:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, this free bird :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I LOVE that, Sini:) You are awesome.

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, tutusandtea:) Btw: I adored 'Then Again' too, sweetie. Such a fantastic read!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

LOVE your idea, Young at Heart!

Shawna said...

That is amazing advice! My favorite place is to be home so I also enjoy little setbacks! Once I am out of the house though, I treat it like an adventure! My daughter is 14 months and I'm able to start teaching her about Santa and Christmas! She has learned many new words the past couple weeks.. Lights, Tree, & Santa. I've used this different time of the year to expand her vocabulary! ♥

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

Diana, you nailed it! Again!
But i am not surprised :)

Until very recently I was always very angry if something got canceled or re-scheduled because I like to plan things ahead but in the end I am the one who´s bitter... so I changed that!

Now if something like this happens (like tomorrow I was supposed to meet a friend early morning and she cancelled today) I love to sleep in and treat myself to coffee and a stroll through the city :)

xo

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Shawna, that is such a sweet age, isn't it? They learn so quicky and they are so adorable. Have a beautiful and jolly festive season with your little cutie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

You are the sweetest, Martie:) Thank you for your wonderful comment. Btw: morning coffee and a stroll through the city sounds like the perfect plan:) xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk