Make Someone's Day!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Since December is the perfect month for making someone’s day, how about a little festive challenge? After having a blast last summer smiling randomly on strangers, I am ready to step up my game and pay a compliment to another woman at least once a week till the end of the year. Yup, another woman as there is something uniquely thrilling about getting and receiving a praise from our own team. Isn’t there?

I got super inspired after reading Victoria's pieces on the subject. One day while on her way to work she noticed a woman that looked amazing in her new heels, so even without thinking, she got the courage to pay her a compliment and the feeling of shared happiness changed her whole day for the better.

There was one thing she said that really stayed with me: 'a few seconds’ admiration can be the gift that keeps on giving'. Isn’t that so true? We all love receiving a little sweet praise from time to time, so why don’t we give it too?

But the one and only rule is that no matter what the compliment is, it has to be 1000% sincere. If it’s not, the other person will know it right away.

So, loves are you game? Wanna join in?

P.S: I am so sorry for the late post but I'm having a huge migraine.
P.P.S: Plus, on being fully present in the moment.

(Photos via Imperfection in Beauty and Couture Splassh)

21 comments:

Ann Martin said...

I don't think anyone ever forgets a compliment... they just stay in a special little place in their heart. What a nice way to be remembered even if the person you speak to and compliment knows you or not.

Diana Mieczan said...

I love what you said, Ann Martin:) We truly remember them forever! Love.

McKenna Ryan said...

This post is so sweet. I love the idea looking for opportunities to make someone's day. Xx. Mckenna lou
www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

Vintage Market Place said...

Oh no migraine hope you feel better soon!!
Yes i love the idea of complimenting other women
Most are so rude to one another and even though secretly loving something they still give evil looks.
I think it is a most splendid idea to give a heartfelt boost to other gals!
Amy

Diana Trotter said...

My daughter does this all the time and I just adore her for it. We will be in the check out at the grocery store and she will tell the clerk how much she loves her earrings or tell another clerk how much she loves her nails and you see them light up with happiness!!

The other day I held the door open for a woman who was still a few feet from the door and she was surprised and so happy!! :) It's the little things you know!! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Amy! I took a long nap and it's better now. Uff!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..she is so cool, Di! Oh my goodness, what a star! I love that and it's so true: "It's the little things" - Oh boy, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Btw: Amy, you are spot on. Women are so critical of each other - so that is why it's so special.

Chrissy said...

So true and super lovely! I love giving and receiving compliments - and it's true, they stick with us forever! The other day I saw this woman and she had such wonderful hair, I just had to tell her - she smiled and blushed a bit, but thanked me for noticing. That felt really good... xxx

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

sorry bout the migraine! feel better soon!

on the compliment challenge: I actually do that quite often if I like something I see on another woman. on the other side I have problems taking compliments well ;)

xoxo

Eliza Jane said...

Oh what a lovely idea!! I'm in! x

Amanda said...

I Love this and More Women should do this daily!!!

I adore your Blog it gives me inspiration and brightens up my Facebook!

tiny dancer said...

Awww this is lovely - this post made my day <3

Tasia

meenal@maison marigold said...

that is such a wonderful gesture..I'll try to shed my reticence and follow suit too!! Hope you are feeling better now . xx meenal

Mills (héron + hibou) said...

Count me in! I couldn't agree more with this post. I think it makes great sense to lift other women up. It makes us stronger, individually and collectively. xoxo!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww that is wonderful, Chrissy:) I love that!

Diana Mieczan said...

I am much better, thank you Martie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Great, Eliza and Amanda, you just made my day:) Thank you!!!

Elsa de Diego said...

Aw, Diana, u are SO exquisit! :) Love this. Yes, I do believe that each one of us has to get this good-vibe spiral started. Great karma! :) Muah!

Punctuation Mark said...

This is such a great idea... I think we should spread good things specially be cause some people find the holidays to be a bit difficult

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..Elsa, you are so sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk