Life's Little Winter Moments

Thursday, December 13, 2012

It’s not quite the official winter yet but it surely feeling like it. How is it in your part of the world? So since I’m already waking up to crisp morning air, crave tons of hot beverages and wear double socks daily, I thought today would be the perfect day to share my little winter list of all the little things I want to enjoy during the next few months.
 
And of course, I’d love to know what you are looking forward to during this red-nose-icy-fingers-crisp-air-hot-chocolate-type-of-season.
 
First up I'm dreaming about spotting a few of those rascals above while taking chilly walks somewhere out of the city. Have you ever seen them up close?

Sharing candle lit cozy dinners with friends...

...and treating them to clementines in red wine:)...

Then spending the rest of the night catching up on reading...
...hidden under chunky blankets...

Taking long strolls all bundled up....

Or enjoying the winter wonderland from the warmth of our flat...

...that smells like a mix of winter and Christmas...

Waking up to the smell of knothole eggs and cinnamon coffee...
And no winter would be complete without late night Seinfeld marathons:)...
 
Le sigh, the little things in life! My darlings, now your turn:) xo
 
P.S: Life is made of little moments:)
P.P.S: Have you entered our giveaways this week? Don't miss them: here and here.

(Photos via A well traveled woman, Lyla and Blu, That kind of Woman & The Murmuring Cottage)

21 comments:

HiLLjO said...

I love your list! Double-socks?! BRILLIANT!

It's cold here but it's warming up to my dismay... I would have to add to my list:

1. Bundling up and going on rides to see Christmas lights.

2. COCOA MADE WITH MILK!

3. Green cable knit sweaters. :o)

Dancing Branflake said...

Beautiful and loving post, Diana. I'm personally looking forward to the great big bouts if baking I'm going to be doing. Oh, and the caroling and delivering that will happen with it.

Christianna said...

That's a brilliant list of things to do! Sadly it doesn't get that chilly here in Cali, but today is slightly rainy!

Chrissy said...

Such a wonderful list! Everything sounds and looks so cozy! I love bundling up by the fire with a cup of tea after taking the pup for a long walk through the snow! xxx

Relydesign said...

here is absolutely freezing... we r waiting for the snow...OMG...
slurp..clementine in red wine..it's a must try :D
I agree with u on the dinners with friends (drinking red wine and chit-chatting ) ... let's enjoy winter time :D

KristiMcMurry said...

It's still in the 50s here! It gets cold at night, but once the sun comes out it warms up :) I personally don't love cold weather, so I'm glad it's coming on slow. I do hope it gets colder by Christmas though! A warm Christmas would just be weird.

I do love cozying up under a warm blanket and reading a book. Add in some hot coffee or hot chocolate and I could stay there all day!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yup, HiLLjO! Double socks work like a charm and keep my toes all toasty:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That sounds lovely, Tiffany! What are you baking?

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy, I love long snowy walks with my dogs as well. They just adore running around:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I am making them tonight, Relydesign! We are having friends over for dinner:)

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

It´s all about the little moments in life, don´t you think?! I love your list. Especially this cozy chair with a book nearby and the thought of cinnamon coffee... life is good :)

Chloe Moon said...

It's not quite wintery yet in New York for now...I love Seinfield! He is too funny!! Those clementines in red wine look delicious!! =)

Ergo - Blog

Vintage Market Place said...

it sounds so relaxing, romantic and cozy.
I wish it were more like winter here but ya know I have to dream.
I dream of wearing those l. l. bean rain shoes, LOVE THEM!!!
and grabbing a hot drink while strolling store fronts lit and glowing on grey cold days.
sigh...enjoy it all for me :)
Amy

Melissa Blake said...

Hot chocolate is the best, hands down!!! I also can't wait for the first big snowstorm, either! xoxo

Stephanie said...

I have a lot of those things on my list for tonight! When I get home from work, I plan to put on my pj's and curl up with a book and some hot chocolate under a warm blanket by the fireplace. :-)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Martie:) Hope you are having a cozy week. xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, those are the best winter shoes!!! I LOVE them:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Stephanie, sounds like the perfect evening:)

Punctuation Mark said...

I miss holidays in the US... Missing my holiday movies! I could watch those hundreds of times!!!

Punctuation Mark said...

I miss holidays in the US... Missing my holiday movies! I could watch those hundreds of times!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Punctuation Mark:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk