exPress-o Film Club: Morning Glory

Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Have you seen Morning Glory? How did you like it? If you’re looking for a romantic comedy with a dash of grumpiness and whole lot of awww moments, this film is just the thing. It’s one of those flicks that make everything seem better, funnier, happier and lighter.
The story is about a new perky producer played by the adorable Rachel McAdams who tries to help a morning show reach its full potential and glory. Of course the story wouldn’t be complete without two co-anchors that just don't get along and one foxy guy aka Patrick Wilson who sweeps Rachel off her feet. One thing I took from the film?  Well, if my phone drives me nuts sometimes, I put it to the fridge to cool it off. It works – giggle. Sounds like a film you'd like to see?

Bits and bobs:
- Rachel McAdams also played Inez in Midnight in Paris, Irene Adler in Sherlock Holmes (she was amazing) and back in 2004, Regina in Mean Girls - where she play a high school student at the age of 26 :)
- Did you know that she was born in Canada? And wait for it - she was born in the same exact hospital as Ryan Gosling. Eek!
- I'm still swooning over her haircut. Isn't is sassy?
- Harrison Ford was Han Solo in Star Wars (Balazs loves it).
- He was also Indiana Jones.
- Rachel on the movie and here she talks about playing a morning news telly producer.
- Diane Keaton also played Kay Adams in The Godfather 1972.
- She was also awesome in The First Wives Club. Have you seen this film?
- And my favourite film with Diane was Something's Gotta Give, where she played Erica alongside Jack Nicholson. A must see!
- Did you know that Patrick Wilson was the voice of Jim in American Dad? I had no clue! And that he played not such a nice guy in Hard Candy (opposite Ellen Page, in one of her first roles).
- Well, Harrison and David Letterman are hilarious together:)
P.S: Also, 10 feel good films of my 20s and 10 best romantic comedies:)
P.P.S: And a few other films that rock my world!

(Photos via Film Equals)

18 comments:

Chloe Moon said...

I adore this lil movie! It's so inspirational!!! Harrison ford is my favorite part because he is so out of character for this role! Diane Keaton is so funny too! =)

Ergo - Blog

Lady Grey said...

I love Rachel McAdams, so I will definitely watch this. Thanks for the recommendation!

Christianna said...

This movie is cute! I love me some Harrison Ford and Rachel as well! I think I should play a highschool student too. You have no idea how many times I get carded (all the time), no one ever believes that I'm actually 24...

addy said...

I love this movie! It's so fun!

Kristina said...

Really enjoyed this movie - fun, easy and great actors!

Punctuation Mark said...

This movie makes me soooo happy!!! It's the kind of movie one should watch when one feels down... Looooove it!!!

Blond Duck said...

I say part of it and have been wanting to see the rest every sense!

Jennifer Beaudet said...

I haven't seen that one yet but it sure looks like a good one! Thanks for sharing it:)

Rachel @ Existation said...

I have to admit, I liked this movie much more than I thought I was going to! A great chick flick for a rainy day =]

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

rachel mcadams is just so adorable! this is one of my fave movies that she has done. great pick!

Diana Mieczan said...

Chloe, you are so right. It's a very different role for him. I loved him too.

Diana Mieczan said...

She is so awesome, isn't she Vanessa?

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Christianna:) My Balazs is 38 years old and he still gets carded from time to time. Crazy, huh?

Diana Mieczan said...

Punctuation Mark, spot on!!!

Patricia Villamil said...

so glad you featured this film. I really really liked it. I love McAdams and what a great cute cast no? And her love interest is so hot! Great little movie to enjoy sipping some hot tea and eating chocolate!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Patricia:)

Karen Toms said...

This looks like a fab film. Thanks for sharing Diana. I fell in love with Rachel McAdams in 'The Notebook' and am a fan of Diane Keaton so can't wait to see this movie xx

Karen Toms said...

This looks like a fab film. Thanks for sharing Diana. I fell in love with Rachel McAdams in 'The Notebook' and am a fan of Diane Keaton so can't wait to see this movie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk