Have you seen The Five-Year Engagement? What did you think? I spotted this film last week and it immediately caught my eye as I have the biggest girl crush on Emily Blunt. Isn’t she adorable? (And her British accent is so cute).
Well, the film is pretty brilliant and not at all like your regular romantic type of comedy. It’s the journey between popping the question and tying the knot with tons of ups and down, their wedding planning and their countless cancellations, their new relationships and the old love that survives it all. It’s about the extremely long, hilarious, bumpy and totally complicated courtship of an engaged couple (Violet and Tom played by Jason Segel). Well, let’s just say that in the end they made it to the aisle in one piece :) If you are in a mood for countless giggles, a few cringe-worthy moments that you can not stop watching and a whole lot of fun – this is the film for you. So get yourself some guacamole with chips and off you go!
Bits and bobs:
- Jason actually co-wrote this this film. Pretty awesome!
- Jason also plays Marshall in How I Met Your Mother. Do you watch it?
- I loved him on Letterman!
- Jason and Emily about the film. They are adorable!
- He can dance and sing:)
- Emily is married to the swoonworthy Jim:)
- Wasn't she great in the Devil wears Prada?
- Oh, I simply adored her in The Adjustment Bureau. (A must see!).
- Did you know that she was the voice of Juliet in this episode of The Simpsons?
- Remember her in Sunshine Cleaning?
- There is also Chris Pratt in the movie and he plays Jason's friend.
- You might remember him from Moneyball. Pretty great film!
- And Alison Brie played Emily's sister and you might know her from Mad Men.
- I adore Emily's new hair colour. You?
- On being Blunt:)
P.S: Also, 10 feel good films of my 20s and 10 best romantic comedies:)
P.P.S: And a few other films that rock my world!
(Photos via Film Equals)