The Simple Things in Life

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Do you burn scented candles or use other room scents in your home? Ever since I tried the amazing rosemary, lemon and vanilla concoction last summer, I’ve been thinking about making a few more different natural room scents as I am totally hooked on them now. It somehow became our routine that as soon as the sun goes down we light vanilla or honey scented candle.

So you can imagine my excitement when I spotted Colleen’s fun natural scents how to. I have my eye on the pine, bay leaf and nutmeg combination. How about you? Btw: The cool part is that you can simmer those over a fondue pot or anything that will keep the mix warm. Would you try it? xo

(Top photo by Monica - The Yummy Life and the rest by Colleen - Inspired to Share)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use candles all the time but those jar-scents look even better. Can not wait to try them. Cheers, Grace

Young at Heart said...

how cute...I did have a very expensive scented candle habit but am ok now....!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, Grace!

HiLLjO said...

Those look fantastic. I'd try a lemon one.

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO:)

Mills (héron + hibou) said...

Beeswax candles are my favorite. Such a nice light scent, I think I need to stock up for these cold, dark November nights.

Diana Mieczan said...

Mills, I LOVE beeswax candles too:) Mmm...

Kelly said...

Oh, I love this! But knowing that their natural means I might walk by and want to EAT them!

Diana Mieczan said...

Kelly:)

Lena P Cox said...

I have most of these ingredients so I will try,
they look so fresh and yummy smelling
Thanks

Chanamerle said...

As a regular candle user, this is far more practice. I'm curious, how long do they last? Are you using regular tap water or distilled water? Thank you for sharing your idea.

Diana Mieczan said...

Chanamerle, I use regular tap water and they can last up to few days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk