Nine Winter Ways To Get Lost In Paris

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Have you ever been to Paris during the Holiday season? Would you like to go? Well, a few wonderful readers asked me to put together a little guide for non-turistic things you can do and places you can visit during the winter. So, since I am madly in love with the City of Light and we have been there a few times already, I put together a list of nine things I'd be doing there if I could fit in a short Christmas trip. Le sigh!

Here it is:

1. It's always a good idea to rent a flat or home-swap instead of staying in a hotel. This way you can really experience the feel of the city with its easy-going-approach. Like in the morning popping down to pick up a few freshly made croissants and pastries for breakfast. Make sure to enjoy the long lines for baguettes and the morning chatter. (Here is a wonderful video of what to buy and make sure to break this baguette rule - just because!)

2. Treat yourself to a little river bank picnic on Île Saint-Louis. It's the perfect place for a cozy, quiet and serene time out.

3. If you fancy re-living a scene from Midnight in Paris then visit Place Dauphine. It's a hidden little square and the place where they filmed the romantic night stroll scene. Get a coffee and enjoy the feel of it all:)

4. Grab a cuppa and climb up the Arc de Triomphe. The combination of walking, coffee and the breathtaking views will warm you right up!

5. Make a quick stop to Androuet Fromagerie aka the best cheese shop in France! It's a place that cheese-lovers will not want to leave. Androuet selects and matures all the handcrafted, farm and raw cheeses.

6. And when it gets darker, take a moody stroll down Avenue des Champs-Élysées. Hold hands with your love and enjoy a few stolen smooches.

7. The same evening stumble upon one of the few Noel á Paris aka Christmas markets that are glowing around the city. Grab a nutella crêpes and a cup of hot wine.

8. Of course your stay wouldn't be complete without visiting the Pont des Arts - the lovers bridge. It oozes romance on every possible level. The drill for lovers is to fasten a padlock to the railings and then toss the key into the Seine river below, symbolizing their eternal love.

9. And the last, but certainly not least on my list is people watching. Paris was made for it with all those amazing cafés and huge windows. It's truly the best way to get to know the city even if only through the café window.

P.S: An awesome GIVEAWAY Wednesday is coming up!
P.P.S: Plus, more breathtaking Paris:)

(Photos and tips by The Wandering Girl, The CaledonianMining, Paris in Four Months, City Room, A Well Traveled Woman, EuroVision, Jamie Beck & Irene Suchocki)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for those great ideas. I am spending New Year's Eve in Paris with my husband and his parents. We'll have to visit that cheese place and enjoy a few stolen smooches. Cheers, Grace

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohh you lucky girl, Grace! Have the best time :) Btw: Now, I will be daydreaming of Paris during new year's eve

That's Not My Age said...

We spent New Year in Paris once, it was lovely (though we had rain rather than snow). And I've never visited that cheese shop - thanks for the tip-off!

Christianna said...

I want to go to Paris for Christmas! I'm trying to talk my parentals into it, but I don't think that that is going to happen the year...

April Sharman said...

These photographs are so beautiful! I love Paris any time of the year!

Patricia Villamil said...

Diana, this is a great post, my husband and I are planning a trip to France next year. I will bookmark this post in my To France folder. Yes, yes!

Anna S said...

I totally agree with renting a flat, it's so much better than a hotel regardless of what city you're in :)

Monica | Hola!design said...

!!!! Paris! how magical, I hope to go soon and visit the cheese store! Sounds fantastic!
I'm ready for Thanksgiving! And you?

tutusandtea said...

I'm so happy to say that I enjoyed a magical Christmas in Paris a couple years ago with friends... and in fact, I did most of the things on your list! Great minds think alike :) What a dreamy post... thanks for evoking great memories! Bonne Journée cherie!

DEZMOND said...

mmmm French pastries and cakes... nom nom nom

Jess said...

Oh dear! I can't begin to tell you how many times we got lost in Paris! We would get so turned around, but it was definitely worth it!

JASON Bond said...

oh, dear very awesome post. I hope you enjoy the paris i also bookmark this post and suggest to my friends to read this.
vietnam tours

Annie said...

Oh this post brings back such great memories.. our next trip to Paris could not be a minute too soon! ;)

HiLLjO said...

That baguette truck picture is amazing!

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, That's Not My Age:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh fantastic, Patricia:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome is that, tutusandtea? LOVE :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jess and Annie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk