Happiness

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Loves, are you happy? What does happiness mean to you? We all have been asked this question thousands of times, haven’t we? Well, some define happiness with objects, others with achievements but according to my friend, Robert if you try defining your own happiness with feelings, then you might actually get to the bottom of it.

This was weeks ago and ever since that chat with Robert I couldn’t stop thinking about my definition of this simple, yet so complex feeling. I don’t know if it’s because I am getting older (eek, 30 and 3 months) or I am just more thoughtful lately, but I finally know what it is to me:

"Happiness is not about where you are in life or how other people treat you, it has nothing to do with achievements, wealth or good fortune. Happiness comes from within. It's a mental filter you experience your life through."

Loves, how about you? What’s your definition of happiness? xo
 
P.P.S: Plus, life lessons:)

(Photo via Joye Shwartz)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. Things that make us happy come and go but the true happiness is always inside. I needed to hear this today. -Ola

Dancing Branflake said...

I love this. Happiness is being present. It's accepting and hoping and loving all at once.

Elsa de Diego said...

Love it. To me, happiness means peace of mind, serenity, feeling great on your own skin and knowing that you have a great/kind/smart people in your life. Muah!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Ola! And Tiffany, I love that!

M. said...

I looove your definition of happiness :)

Tish said...

You should watch "Happy" on Netflix. I think you'd enjoy it a lot.

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, M:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Tish, thanks for the reminder. I really want to watch it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh so beautiful, Elsa!

Christianna said...

That is a wonderful definition of happiness! I think it's the eyes that we choose to look at things with that define our level of happiness. If you look for the good in things, you will find it, even if it's small. And when you find it, how can you not be happy?!

Stephanie said...

Ooh, I really like this. It's definitely an attitude, and for me it's about finding joy is lots of different things, so even if I'm stressed out and upset about one thing, I can still enjoy something as simple as sleeping in on a weekend and having "family snuggle time" with my husband and dog (and now our future daughter, who enjoys kicking our dog in the face when he snuggles with my belly!).

Diana Mieczan said...

Beautifully said, Christianna and so true!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...so sweet, Stephanie:)

Diana said...

Did I miss your birthday? I can't remember if I saw a post about it, I remember the post saying you were going to be 30 soon...I think I wrote something?!! Any hoo...I hope you had an amazing birthday!! I was nervous about turning 30, but thats why I started to get on track with healthy eating and working out, its my goal for my 30 birthday, which is this March...AHHH! LOL!

But your right, its a mental state, it comes from within and yes from time to time others can make you smile, make you feel loved, but only you can make yourself turn that into happiness. xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Di, you shouldn't be nervous at all! I love being 30:) Btw: Your eating healthy and working out goal is amazing. I am so inspired! You are awesome:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk