Found - Irresistible Autumn Snack

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What are you snacking on this season? Last month while getting a bit worried about eating too much chocolate I went on a hunt for a healthy yet super delicious autumn snack idea. A few days later I stumbled upon Allen's brilliant (and easy-peasy) raw apple treat that Balazs and I are addicted to now.

Want to know what’s so special about it? Well, apple is amazing on its own but when you soak it in freshly squeezed lemon and orange juice it becomes irresistible. (Here is the full how to).

Bonus: if you feel a bit festive you can also sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top. (You will never look back). Plus, it's a great on-a-go office snack.

Loves, would you try it? What’s your favourite apple snack? xo

P.S: Fancy more apple goodness? How about this strudel, that pie or this drink?
P.P.S: On eating 50% raw foods.

(Top photo via Leigh Ellen, last photo by Allen & layout by exPress-o)

15 comments:

Chloe Moon said...

My go-to autumn snack has apples with the Fat Free caramel dip. It is so good!! I got tons of apples I'll try marinating them in the lemon and orange juice! =) Thanks!

Ergo-Blog

Diana Mieczan said...

Chloe, caramel dip and apples - delicious combo, indeed!

Allen said...

Thanks so much for sharing my apple recipe Diana - I really appreciate it - glad you liked it :)

April Louise said...

I'm always snacking on apples, I should really have a fruit bowl in my studio space! I've never heard of soaking apples in orange and lemon juice, that sounds delicious and refreshing!

Lady Grey said...

fun - I'm definitely going to try this!
You know what else is irresistible with fresh apple? Strong cheddar cheese - I love those two together!
xo

Melissa Blake said...

Oh man, those look delicious!! Nothing like a juicy apple. :)

keishua said...

love apples in the autumn.

Nicole Jeannette said...

MMMM looks yummy!

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Allen:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Vanessa! Thanks for the reminder..yum!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

April, it is so good! I bet that you'll love it.

HiLLjO said...

Yum! I haven't eaten an apple in a couple weeks; maybe I'll try it like this!

Diana said...

Sounds tasty!! I really love apples and used to eat them all the time, but recently I discovered that Im allergic to the skin! How funny is that! My tongue gets really itchy and swells a little bit! BOOO!! How things change when you get older.

PS thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Di, that is so interesting! Hmm...last year I found out that I am allergic to tomato skin. So weird!

Btw: my pleasure, sweetie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk