exPress-o Originals: Winter Tea

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Have you ever made your own herbal or fruit tea? Recently Balazs and I were invited to our friend’s house for a casual dinner party. The wonderful surprise was that Tom welcomed everyone with a glass of homemade hot (since it’s super cold already) winter tea. It was such a wonderful gesture! It instantly made everybody feel at ease and since the mix itself smelled divine, it created a wonderful conversation starter.

Well, after the party was over I emailed him to ask for the recipe and I found out that it is actually a soothing mix of apples, lemon, ginger, dates and honey. It’s perfect as a winter drink and it’s great in fighting winter cold as well. Win-win!
 
Here is the full how to if you fancy trying it yourself or treating your guests to something delicious this festive season:
 
Pour 4.5 liters of water, 1 cup of sliced ginger, 1 cup of dried dates, 4 sliced apples in a large pot and let it simmer for 2 hours. Strain and serve hot, warm or on ice with a bit of honey for the sweetness and a slice of lemon for the extra vitamin kick. Ta dah!
 
P.S: Fancy more tea? How about geen sun tea, plus a few other of my favourite recipes. Dig in!
P.P.S: Oh, and let's not forget about the superfood mocktail!
 
Loves, would you try it? xo
 
(Thanks Tom. Recipe originally by Mrs. Ko. Photos by exPress-o. Layout by Ana Degenaar - Blog Milk for exPress-o. Thank you Ana for your help with this series).

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color and I could have ginger with everything. Looks delish Diana. Cheers, Grace

katie said...

Mmm! This sounds delicious and I have most of the ingredients at home. I will definitely give this a try.

Melissa Blake said...

I've never liked tea...or coffee. Weird, I know. Maybe I should try them again? :)

McKenna Ryan said...

I love love love tea!! It is seriously a staple food for me. I have at least two cups a day during the winter time. Herbal is my favorite because I try to stay away from too much caffeine and it has the extra benefit of tasting so delicious. I have never thought of making my own tea before. I will have to try this for my up and coming Christmas party. Maybe with cinnamon. apples and a few other ingredients? xx. McKenna Lou

Laura Bear said...

Mm that sounds fantastic! The ginger really sounds like a nice zippy addition.

Karen Albert said...

Oh Yum I would love some winter tea this evening!

xoxo
Karena
2012 Artists Feature

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle said...

Sounds delicious!

xo Mary Jo

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

sounds delicious!

Just Another Shopaholic said...

This sounds very delicious.

Felix Lee said...

I've never concocted my own tea. I prefer to buy it from one of the many tea shops around. But this sounds like something I should try because it sounds so good!

dotblogg said...

generally I don't drink hot beverages, but when the winter time comes I take out my biggest mugs and make tea with ginger, lemon, raspberry syrup. For that moment I can forget about time:)
hugs!
J

Diana Mieczan said...

I LOVE ginger lately as well, Grace!

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, katie!

Diana Mieczan said...

You totally should, Melissa:) And McKenna Ryan, adding cinnamon and apples sounds perfect! Yum:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yum, J! Raspberry syrup reminds me of childhood.

Kelly said...

I've been having a couple coughs lately, I think this may be just the trick!

Kait | keeping change said...

Tea in winter is just the greatest, I really can't think of anything more comforting. Thanks for the share!

Diana Mieczan said...

Kait, I totally agree. Tea and winter = perfect match:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Kelly:) Hope you'll feel better soon:)

Shawna said...

I was thinking of making this for a party, and maybe making it alcoholic... any suggestions on what alcohol I could add?

Evie Hammond said...

So there's no actual tea in this tea? And is there something that might be substituted for figs? Raisins or currants, perhaps -- or cranberries!

Diana Mieczan said...

Evie, yes you can definitely substitute figs with raisins.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk