exPress-o Originals: Crumbly Toffee

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My darlings, do you find toffee irresistible? If so, oh boy, look what I made - crumbly toffee! After such a wonderful caramel candy feedback, I've got tons of requests for a crumbly version of it. So here it is in all its glory, sweetness and scrumptiousness.

As previously, it's super easy to make as the recipe only requires three ingredients and it makes for a perfect dinner-party gift. (That is if you don't eat it yourself).

Psst: Balazs was in heaven for the past two weeks while I was tweaking the recipe. I probably made close to 100 pieces and like a trooper, he ate them all - giggle.

So, let's get cooking:

Crumbly Toffee
(Adapted from Megenta. Makes about 30 pieces)

Ingredients:
* 2 cups sugar
* 2 cups whole milk (3% - 3.3%)
* 85 grams unsalted butter

First, place baking paper in a shallow baking pan and leave it for later. Next pour milk and sugar into a cooking pan and cook it on low heat while stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. From that point on, you *must* stir all the time as you don’t want the mix to burn. About 30 minutes into the cooking time or as soon as your sugar-milk mix is getting thicker and becomes darker (coffee colour), add the butter and continue mixing for an additional 10 minutes. If you want to test if your toffee is ready, just scoop a bit of the mix onto a spoon and let it rest for about a minute. If it becomes solid quickly, you are ready. Transfer your mix into the pre-prepared baking pan and let it cool off for about 5 minutes before cutting it into small pieces and wrapping them in candy wrappings.

Important note: If you want the toffee to be gooey inside and crumbly outside cut the overall cooking time to 35-40 min instead of 50 minutes. 50 minutes cooking time is for inside-out crumbly toffee. Ta dah!

P.S: Fancy more takes on caramel? How about this grilled cheese sandwich, those tarts and that cake.
P.P.S: Plus a few other of my favoruite recipes. Dig in!

(Photos by exPress-o. Layout by Ana Degenaar - Blog Milk for exPress-o. Thank you Ana for your help with this series).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect timing. I was just looking for something delish to make. Your caramel candy recipe is one of our favorites. Can not wait to try this one too.

-Ola

Chloe Moon said...

I can't learn how to make this because I will eat WAYY too much of it. I love toffee and this sounds delicious!! =)

Ergo - Blog

cashmerekitchen said...

Oh my lord, this looks delicious! I was thinking about making little bags of fudge as mini Christmas gifts, this has inspired me! x

Diana Mieczan said...

That is wonderful, Ola! I am so happy that you like the caramel candy recipe. (*Blushing*).

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Chloe! Oh yes, it is very addictive. I could have a few every single day with my coffee:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is a great idea, cashmerekitchen!! I LOVE fudge too.
How about nutella fudge?

Here is the recipe: http://diana212m.blogspot.hu/2012/09/express-o-originals-nutella-fudge.html

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Looks delicious!

>
> Madebygirl.blogspot.com
> MadeByGirl.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Jen:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk