Have you seen Seeking a Friend for the End of the World? What did you think? It's a very new film that we watched over the Thanksgiving weekend. It's one of those movies that 2 minutes into it, you can not help but fall utterly and completely in love with it. Even though Steve Carell and Keira Knightley are the worst match on paper, in the movie they just work like butter and bread - smooth, fulfilling and making you crave for more. It’s a story of two people who lived in the same building for the past few years but never before spoke to each other till the day the whole world got the news that it’s ending. His wife left him, and Keira's character was stuck in a hopeless relationship...and the only thing they wanted was to spend the last days with someone they truly cared about. It's a heartfelt, beautiful, sweet film when you just need a bit of romance, a dash of hope and a whole lot of wonderful. Sounds like a film for you?
Bits and bobs:
- Steve's real-life wife Nancy Carell played the leaving wife.
- Keira and Steve talking about the movie.
- Oh boy, "Between two Ferns" with Steve Carell and Zach Galifianakis:)
- Giggle, Ellen's revenge on Steve.
- Wasn't Keira amazing in the Chanel Coco Mademoiselle ad? (I loved her hairdo).
- Have you seen Pride and Prejudice? She was incredible!
- John Krasinski on Steve . It's so funny!
- Haha, Steve saluts Steve.
- Keira and Ellen having a tea party:)
- How to make the most of porcelain skin like Keira's.
- Keira and Vogue - Oh la la!
- She was also awesome in the Pirates of the Caribbean: the Curse of the Black Pearl.Date Night alongside Tina Fey.
- Also, Melanie Lynskey aka Rose from Two and a Half Men played brilliantly.
P.S: And a few other films that rock my world right now.
(Photos via IMDb)