Have you seen The Giant Mechanical Man? What did you think? It's a new-ish independent film that we just watched a couple of days ago. It's a wonderfully written love story of two people in their 30's who are yet to learn how to navigate through adulthood with their own set of rules and learn that beautiful feeling of belonging that can only come from falling in love.
The wonderful Jenna Fisher (aka Pam from The Office) is not only the leading lady but she also produced the film. What's more, her now husband (Lee Kirk) wrote the script for the movie and this is how they met, fell in love and got married. Isn't that sweet? It's a must see for so many reasons!
Bits and Bobs:
- In 2011 Jenna played alongside Owen Wilson in Hall Pass. Have you seen it?
- Remember Spin City? Well, Jenna played a waitress in this episode.
- Chris Messina is the leading man and you might remember him from Vicky Cristina Barcelona or from Julie & Julia. He was Julie's husband.
- He also played in the awesome You've Got Mail.
- Chris and Jenna on the movie...
- The adorable Pam:)
- A lovely interview with Jenna.
- I loved her on Letterman.
- Malin Åkerman played Jenna's sister in the film.
- She also, played Gertrude in the The Proposal. Such a fun movie!
- And another movie with Jenny Fischer called "A Little Help", and it has a very similar feel to this one.
P.S: Fancy more?
(Photos via IMDb)