Yup, it's this time of the year again and I must say, that just the thought of shopping for Christmas gifts no matter how chaotic it can get, it puts a smile on my face. How do you feel? Have you started your gift spotting already? I just love the feeling when someone I love opens a gift I chose and their face lights up. Priceless!
Well, if you’re (by any chance) still undecided on what to get your dapper husband, foxy friend, adorable niece, goddess of mom, sweet grandparents or treat your next desk work-friend to something special, then you are in luck! For the next few weeks all the way to Christmas I'll be posting gift ideas for all budgets, ages and all different interests.
So today let's start with 14 gems simply made for a friend/sister/co-worker/aunt/niece or even your next door neighbour who loves all things French, wears a beret, lipstick, rosy cheeks, ballerinas, messy buns and knows a thing or two about layering. (wink).
Here we go:
1. A set of three Loccitane almond soaps ($15) so she can keep her skin all smooth and delicate during winter gloominess. (The smell is irresistible as well).
2. Paris in Color, ($13.57) the most dreamy coffee table book with tons of photos of the most romantic city in the world. Perfect for the quiet candle-lit evenings on the sofa.
3. Sassy winter hat with a Parisian twist ($60) to make her feel oh-so-French.
4. The wooden dog ($128) just so she can think of you each time she spots it on her desk.
5. No Parisian passes on a good lipstick. Rouge Allure lipstick ($34) in "passion" is just the thing for her.
6. A "oui" ring ($27). Oh, yes!
7. I Know How To Cook ($19.16) for the French goddess at heart, so she can whip up a croque monsier like nobody's business.
8. Treat her to a real French delicacy with this French butter: Beurre Bretagne butter with Fleur Guerande. Oh yum and so perfect for mornings with croissants.
9. Set of three snazzy nail polish colours as she loves all things sparkly: glamorous gold glitter with 24K gold dust ($20), foxy ruby red ($18) and let's go crazy purple glitter ($18).
10. Yup, je t'aime tote bag ($19).
11. A pair of those beautifully understated studs ($30) will be perfect for her winter layers uniform.
12. Paris print ($60) - a sweet reminder of her favourite city!
13. Midnight in Paris ($5) a go-to movie for her chillaxing weekends in.
14. A pair of dotty Bensimons ($50) to brace the streets of Paris with tons of style and a dash of sass.
Loves, did you spot anything you like? xo
P.S: Also, here are six 2010 gift guides and five 2011 gift guides, including gems for cheese lovers - yum!
(Layout by Natalie from The SoHo blog for exPress-o. Thank you Natalie for your help with this series. Ring photo by Garance Doré).