Christmas Gift Guide 2012: *Part One* For The Parisian Mademoiselle At Heart

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Yup, it's this time of the year again and I must say, that just the thought of shopping for Christmas gifts no matter how chaotic it can get, it puts a smile on my face. How do you feel? Have you started your gift spotting already? I just love the feeling when someone I love opens a gift I chose and their face lights up. Priceless!

Well, if you’re (by any chance) still undecided on what to get your dapper husband, foxy friend, adorable niece, goddess of mom, sweet grandparents or treat your next desk work-friend to something special, then you are in luck! For the next few weeks all the way to Christmas I'll be posting gift ideas for all budgets, ages and all different interests.

So today let's start with 14 gems simply made for a friend/sister/co-worker/aunt/niece or even your next door neighbour who loves all things French, wears a beret, lipstick, rosy cheeks, ballerinas, messy buns and knows a thing or two about layering. (wink).

Here we go:

1. A set of three Loccitane almond soaps ($15) so she can keep her skin all smooth and delicate during winter gloominess. (The smell is irresistible as well).

2. Paris in Color, ($13.57) the most dreamy coffee table book with tons of photos of the most romantic city in the world. Perfect for the quiet candle-lit evenings on the sofa.

3. Sassy winter hat with a Parisian twist ($60) to make her feel oh-so-French.

4. The wooden dog ($128) just so she can think of you each time she spots it on her desk.

5. No Parisian passes on a good lipstickRouge Allure lipstick ($34) in "passion" is just the thing for her.

6. A "oui" ring ($27). Oh, yes!

7. I Know How To Cook ($19.16) for the French goddess at heart, so she can whip up a croque monsier like nobody's business.
 
8. Treat her to a real French delicacy with this French butter: Beurre Bretagne butter with Fleur Guerande. Oh yum and so perfect for mornings with croissants.

9. Set of three snazzy nail polish colours as she loves all things sparkly: glamorous gold glitter with 24K gold dust ($20), foxy ruby red ($18) and let's go crazy purple glitter ($18).

10. Yup, je t'aime tote bag ($19).

11. A pair of those beautifully understated studs ($30) will be perfect for her winter layers uniform.

12. Paris print ($60) - a sweet reminder of her favourite city!

13. Midnight in Paris ($5) a go-to movie for her chillaxing weekends in.

14. A pair of dotty Bensimons ($50) to brace the streets of Paris with tons of style and a dash of sass.

Loves, did you spot anything you like? xo

P.S: Also, here are six 2010 gift guides and five 2011 gift guides, including gems for cheese lovers - yum!

(Layout by Natalie from The SoHo blog for exPress-o. Thank you Natalie for your help with this series. Ring photo by Garance Doré).

28 comments:

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

This is the perfect list! I especially like the addition of the Midnight in Paris movie. Such a good one :)

Richelle Lynn Garn said...

Last year on my way to Paris, Midnight in Paris played on the plane. There and back. It was fantastic. I love that dashing hat! Might have to splurge on that.

Justine said...

This is like my ultimate bundle of gifts. I'm such a Parisian at heart.

Heba said...

Midnight In Paris.. my favorite :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thank you, Lisa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Richelle, how lucky! Aww..that movie is simply the best! I watched it like 4 times already:) Btw: that hat is on my wish list too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Justine! That is fantastic.

HiLLjO said...

Red lipstick + Bensimons... yes.

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle said...

Gorgeous little gift guide--I would love that hat, especially for my european travels coming up!

xo Mary Jo

Vintage Market Place said...

I will be looking forward to your posts.
I am feeling a bit lost this year on what to do and what to buy for gifts.
Usually I am so happy to get out there and pick up special gifts but something is different so I need a big push.
Amy

Dancing Branflake said...

I'm sending this post to all my friends and family because I want everything here. So perfect!

Amber said...

that sassy hat needs to be mine this Christmas

LyddieGal said...

I totally want to be a parisian - what a cute collection!

Patricia Villamil said...

what a lovely list, wish I could get everything in it!

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, great combination:) Oh la la.

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo, european travels? Where are you going? How exciting!

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, hope they will help you get into the Christmas-gift-shopping-mood:) (Sending hugs).

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..Tiffany:) LOVE!

Just Another Shopaholic said...

I am in love with that cute white hat, so chic!!

Bionica said...

that Je T'aime bag is soo cute!!!
love it

-Bionica

little t said...

This is like my wishlist in gift guide form... so I'm a French mademoiselle then!

(Except for Midnight in Paris... really didn't like that film)

Diana Mieczan said...

little t:)

Karen Toms said...

Love this list - such a great idea! I can see some of my favourite things. And it's a reminder that I still need to watch 'Midnight in Paris'...must put it on my Christmas list! xx

Karen Toms said...

Love this list - such a great idea! I see some of my favourite things. And it's a reminder that I still need to watch 'Midnight in Paris'...must put it on my Christmas list! xx

Karen Toms said...

Love this list - such a great idea! I see some of my favourite things. And it's a reminder that I still need to watch 'Midnight in Paris'...must put it on my Christmas list! xx

Karen Toms said...

Love this list - such a great idea! I see some of my favourite things. And it's a reminder that I still need to watch 'Midnight in Paris'...must put it on my Christmas list! xx

Diana Mieczan said...

It's such a wonderful film, Karen:)

gareth batty said...

Wonderful ideas and so simple to re-create and use in your own home; LOVE it..Will have to share this with my friends on Facebook

thanks for making such a super cool and simple list and help us saving money.
Christmas Gift Ideas

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk