Choose Your Eggs :)

Monday, November 26, 2012

Last night after eating way too much for the past three days, Balazs and I spent the evening watching reruns of Friends and laughing silly till the night. One of the episodes we watched was when Joey and Chandler had a huge argument over who's eggs Chandler likes more: a-la Joey (white bread with the hole in the middle) or a-la Eddie (new roommate scrambled eggs). Remember? According to Joey, every single person in the world has one kind of eggs made by one particular person they like best! Somehow eggs are always very defining in relationships, aren't they? Some of my friends have a whole relationship theory behind eggs :)

So this morning, let's talk (what else) eggs. What’s your favourite take on them: scrambled, omelette, dippy, baked, grilled, sunny side up or poached? (My favourite - dippy eggs & soldiers. It doesn’t get better than that for me but poached are a close second). Your turn!

P.S: Snazzy Monday GIVEAWAY is coming right up!
P.P.S: Plus, this genius egg trick.

(Photo via Francesca Roncagliolo)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha we watched friends this weekend too and like you, I could eat eggs every day. For me omelette with feta and red peppers is the best. Even more if my hubby makes it. Jill

Ann said...

Friends is such a part of my life,
a very happy and funny part... miss the gang.

Oh and I love scrambled with everything on it.

Chloe Moon said...

I <3 Friends...I like my eggs sunny side up and a little bit runny. =)

Ergo - Blog

LyddieGal said...

mmm, i love all kinds of eggs - my favorite is poached!
Chic on the Cheap

Elsa de Diego said...

Hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving break! I love eggs on Spanish tortilla! I also like scramble and poached. Muah!

Karen Toms said...

Ditto! Dippy eggs with poached a close second are my pick too.

I always like some simple eggs as a light supper after a weekend of indulgence.

xxx

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

My favorite thing about spending time in New York is going out for brunch and having Eggs Benedict. It´s the best way to eat eggs in my opinion!

Sadly there is NOT ONE place in Vienna where you can get those and the few attempts of me to make them myself were underwhelming to say the least!

Talking about favorite eggs: So far I couldn´t find someone to make great eggs for me. Still searching :)

Great topic!

xo Martie

Diana Mieczan said...

Feta and red peppers sounds really delicious together, Jill! I have to try this combo:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ann, I totally get it! They are just awesome, aren't they? I LOVE rewatching them over and over again.

Diana Mieczan said...

Chloe, oh yes! Runny eggs are the best!

Diana Mieczan said...

On Spanish tortilla, Elsa? YUM! (I had a jolly good Thanksgiving, thank you darling).

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie, I wish you could just pop by:) I would totally make you some eggs benedict breakfast-for-supper-style:)

tutusandtea said...

Lately I've been loving the ease of making myself a poached egg (putting it on top of everything!) I have to say that my dad makes the best scrambled eggs while my mom has mastered the soft boiled for 'chicky eggs with soldiers' :))

Polly Rowan said...

I love poached so much! I've never been a fan of the dippy egg as I used to hate eating the yolk. I've got over that a bit though! Omelette and scrambled eggs are pretty amazing too though! xx

Rachel @ Existation said...

Mmmm, definitely scrambled with tons of veggies added in...but I feel almost the same way about omelets. Runny eggs are not my cup-o-tea - I'm a big hypochondriac about food poisoning and the like =]

Diana Mieczan said...

tutusandtea, your parents sound like the perfect egg-making-duo:) I LOVE that!

HiLLjO said...

I've been digging egg salad lately like crazy! So I guess hard-boiled.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Rachel! Veggies are a must:)

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO:) Good reminder. I so should make some egg salad this week. YUM!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk