Autumn Trend: Gentlemen’s Club Style

Monday, November 5, 2012

Speaking of tomboyish goodness, to my delight over the weekend I spotted tons of girls sporting velvet or tweed blazers, fine and dandy cotton pants with brogues, an occasional bow tie or even a cravat and the boyish staple: tucked in shirts. Seems that this autumn’s dress code of choice is borrowed right from the gentlemen’s club and I like it!

How about you? Do you consider your style more feminine or more tomboyish? Or maybe a mix of the two? xo

P.S: Plus a few super stylish couples!
P.P.S: And my favoruite style tweak.

(Photos by/via The Pursuit Aesthetic, The Sartorialist, Notes on Design, Vogue & A well traveled woman)


Vintage Market Place said...

definitely more tom boy and boho style for me.
I am loving the pic of the girl in the bow tie. Super cute.
I am finding myself really loving gentlemen's hunting club attire.
Flannels and hunting jackets this season. :)

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I have a more feminine style, but love a good oversized blazer!

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Anacristina said...

I like to do a little of both. I have one tomboyish pice on and then a girly piece to contrast it.

x's & o's

Dancing Branflake said...

I'm a total girly girl but I LOVE this look. I just wish I could pull if off.

Lena P Cox said...

Hello my dear Diana.
Glad you are well, as far as I can tell.
I'm definitely the feminine type, only one soft tie and it has to be done in a bow fashion.
Can't get into the guy wear, however, the pics look all comfy and confident.
Thanks for sharing

That's Not My Age said...

I've always been a bit of a tomboy. Love the first look - think I need to add a velvet jacket to my Christmas list!

Christianna said...

I LOVE this look! It's what I'd like my style to be more like. Step away from the grunge influenced and dress like a sophisticated dude. Sounds good to me!

Elsa de Diego said...

I adore this trend! Lovely pics as usual! Muah!

tutusandtea said...

Loving this trend... for some reason I find it to be so feminine? I think it's because 'gentlemen's clothes' can often make women look more petit... Adorable!

Diana said...

I really need a good the rich color of the velvet one in the top photo! I hope you are doing well love!

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, I LOVE flannels so much!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anacristina, what a great idea. I love that.

Diana Mieczan said...

That's Not My Age, I am totally smitten with that velvet blazer as well. It would look so sassy with a pair of skinny jeans:)

Diana Mieczan said...

tutusandtea, very good point and I totally see that.

Diana Mieczan said...

Di, thanks! I am very good. How are you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk