Autumn Booster (with a special ingredient)

Thursday, November 8, 2012
Do you drink smoothies? How about probiotics? Ever since the beginning of September when Balazs and I started to eat happier, I got into a routine of making probiotic smoothies for breakfast. My aim was to come up with a mix that will give us a healthy kick start to the day and will be full of goodness to keep us going till the night. Since I am an avocado-nut (naturally) this autumn booster is based on all things green, my favourite organic rice probiotic and a banana.

Warning: if you try it once, you will never look back – promise! It’s really addictive and it will make you feel strong and energized like Popeye after eating his can of spinach :)

 Here is how: mix in a blender the following: 1 very ripe avocado, 2 bananas, 1 small glass of almond milk, 2 organic rice probiotics, 2 teaspoons of agave syrup and a handful of fresh spinach. Blend it well and divide it into two glasses. Ta dah – breakfast perfection!

Loves, would you try it? What’s your favourite smoothie mix? How often do you drink them? xo
 
P.S: You can read more about probiotics here, plus a smoothie party:)
 
(Photos by exPress-o. Layout by Ana Degenaar - Blog Milk for exPress-o. Thank you Ana for your help with this series).

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever since you posted about substituting butter for avocado I look at avoc. in a totally new way. I'll be making your mix for sure. Jill.

Gina said...

Yum! I drink a smoothie every morning. My favorite is coconut milk, pineapple, banana, mango, and kale. SO good!

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

I try to use greek yogurt a lot in order to get pro biotics. Seems like it helps!

Ryan Adair said...

something like local honey might be a better sweetener-- Agave doesn't have any benefits that regular sugar wouldn't offer, and Honey offers natural allergen tolerance--

I love this smoothie, I like to add some Hemp Protein & coconut oil to my Ban-avo smoothies! :)

Polly Rowan said...

looks delicious! x

Melissa Blake said...

I've never been into smoothies, but this looks good!! :)

Rachel @ Existation said...

Mmm, this sounds so tasty...I bought a blender a few months back, and surprise surprise, it's been sitting on a shelf in my cupboard, unused in weeks. You have inspired me to take it back out. Thank you. =]

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Smoothies are amazing, and this one looks yum.

Karen Toms said...

Yum! This looks great - I'm enjoying smoothies for breakfast myself at the moment so on the look out for new ideas plus I love avocado's too - so thanks for this x

Karen Toms said...

Yum! This looks great - I'm enjoying smoothies for breakfast myself at the moment so on the look out for new ideas plus I love avocado's too - so thanks for this x

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, I tried the avocado trick in chocolate chip cookies and it worked like a charm! I am hooked now:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That sounds like a scrumptious combination, Gina:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool, Lisa and Ryan Adair, we use both: agave or honey depending on what I have at home that day. I love agave for its low-glycemic index.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh, fantastic, Rachel!!! You will love it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Btw, Ryan Adair: love your Hemp Protein & coconut oil mix.

Relydesign said...

I love avocado :) i have absolutely to try this smoothie :)yummy

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.iystwowgold.com#wowgold]wow gold[/url], parfait,games gold magnifique,colis laps, s¨¦rieux,merci
One of the recommended Two of [url=http://www.guildwars2gold.com.au#guildwars2gold]guild wars 2 gold[/url] That i've ever Held..And thus Legal herbal buds Managed Multitudes of Each of them!2. COMFORT2. DESIGN3. Hues
my spouse and i dependable almost everywhere!!! they are really outstanding, as well as go with every last attire i have got!!! er or him comparable to appreciate together with [url=http://www.d3boy.com/#d3gold]d3 gold[/url] :)
I personally appreciate these kinds of [url=http://www.iystwowgold.com]wow gold[/url]! These are the now decent, lovely, trendy, suitable capacity, match, anything! I received the ones inside dull this past year as a birthday present plus i produce all of them similar to every day as soon as i pay a visit to high school. I really hope to find an alternative twosome with respect to the yuletide season employing sand. I adore enjoy absolutely adore those [url=http://www.gw2golds.de]gw2 gold[/url](:
Document go around a few four-legged friend every day with these in addition to our toes and fingers remain simply method and thus dry and fresh whichever element!!Say thank you [url=http://www.guildwars2gold.com.au#guildwars2gold]guild wars 2 gold[/url]!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk