Travel Fantasy: Ice Cave in Iceland

Monday, October 29, 2012


Crikey, nature never ceases to amaze me! Have you heard about this crystal ice cave? It’s hidden in the Skaftafell national park in Iceland and it was created by the awesome forces of the Vatnajokull ice cap in the south of the volcanic island. The ice has the most beautiful blue shade and according to the people who’ve been there, the whole place looks like mesmerizing frozen bubbles that are just about to pop. I can barely grasp be feeling of actually seeing this place in person and I can't get over how sensational those images are.

Darlings, have you ever been to a cave before? How about this one? Would you be brave enough? It would be such an adventure, wouldn't it? xo

P.S: Other awesome caves: in New Zealand, in Greece and in Vietnam.
P.P.S: Plus, A few other Icelandic gems.

(Photos by Gummi Stóri, Orvaratli, Maxim Popov and via Daily Mail)

13 comments:

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Simply stunning! Nature is majestic, isn't it?

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Eliza Jane said...

I've been caving before. My father owned a rafting and caving expedition company in Papua New Guinea when I was born, and there's even a part of a cave that's named after him (actually, it's a part of the cave network that's featured in the movie "Sanctum"). There's also a family story of mum coming home to me sitting in a circle with my dolls, all of us covered in mud. When asked what I was doing, I replied that we'd all just come back from caving lol.

But I've never been in an ice cave before! These pictures are SO BEAUTIFUL. I would love to see them in person!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yup, Chic 'n Cheap Living:) So beautiful!

Diana Mieczan said...

WOW, how awesome, Eliza and that story is so funny and totally cute! Btw: I loved that movie!

Tyne Swedish said...

So magical! I would love to see one once in my life. However I love Man vs. Wild so I know not to stand under one for too long!

Chao
Poppie
http://thepoppie.com

Roselie said...

This cave is pure magic isn't it?!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Roselie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Such a good point, Poppie!

Rachel @ Existation said...

Dude, these travel fantasy posts of yours are pretty much taking over my Wanderlust board on Pinterest! Can't get enough of them. =]

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..that is so sweet!!! Thanks for your wonderful comment, Rachel:) Made my day!

Kelly said...

I recently got my scuba diving cert, and found such incredible photos of ice diving. But as beautiful as they are, it's still pretty scary to be underwater, in the ice! So this is way better1 Above water and still stunning!

Fátima Pestana said...

Hi Diana, from Portugal I'm thanking you for this amazing, stunning photos. I don't know if I had the courage to stand behind this wonder but It's really amazing. <3

Fátima Pestana said...

Hi Diana, from Portugal I'm thanking you for this amazing, stunning photos. I don't know if I had the courage to stand behind this wonder but It's really amazing. <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk