The Soul of Northern Norway

Monday, October 22, 2012


Can you almost feel the crisp Norwegian air pinching your cheeks just by looking at those stunning photographs? I stumbled upon this gem last night and instantly fell in love with it. Lofoten Islands in Norway are known for being remarkably beautiful and they are appropriately called 'the soul of northern Norway'.

Crikey, just imagine staying in one of those red fishermen's cabins, waking up to the view of picturesque cliffs and blue water. Dreamy, isn't it? You could also enjoy long hikes amongst the beautiful meadows before dinner or whale watching just before bedtime. But if you are not quite convinced, there is also the breathtaking Arctic light. Le sigh!
 
Ready to pack? Have you ever been to Norway? How about the Lofoten Islands? xo
 
P.S: Also, the people who walk with reindeers.
P.P.S: Plus the breathtaking Aurora Borealis.

(Photos by Fabrizio Fenoglio, Emil Gildebrand, Melissa Toledo and via Schöengeist)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother and his wife moved to Norway last year for work and after seeing your photos I can not wait to visit them. What a pretty place. Happy Monday. Jill

Anka said...

Jejku jak bym chciala tam byc !! Piekne zdjecia..

Magalie said...

Hi Diana, I read your blog from Trondheim in Norway where I live (I am French, not Norwegian). And YES this country is amazing and beautiful. Come to visit!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, that is so cool. You really should take a trip there:) How lucky that your brother is there.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anka:) And Magalie, awww...how totally special! I'd love to visit Norway one day soon:) Love your comment. Thank you!

Dancing Branflake said...

A dream place for sure. I love how you described it, too. So gorgeous.

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Tiffany:)

Patricia Villamil said...

I have a weak heart for Scandinavia, and this place looks utterly amazing. Are you on Instagram? because I suggest you follow Marte MarieForsberg, a Norwegian blogger who lives on a northern isle close to Sweden and she takes the most amazing pictures everyday of her island, and of the surrounding forest!

Diana Mieczan said...

Patricia, sadly I am not on Instagram. I need to change that:) Thanks for the tip!

Sara said...

Those photos are beautiful - makes me want to go live in one of the red houses on the lake.

HiLLjO said...

The snow pictures are magical!!!

Amber said...

This looks so peaceful and beautiful. I wish I could wake up on the water like that every darn day

Lucent Imagery said...

Stunning. We visited Oslo for 6 days last year. It was amazing and felt pretty cool to be almost at the other end of the world to our home in Australia. I am itching to go back and explore some of the islands and other areas more!

Diana Mieczan said...

How fantastic, Lucent Imagery:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohhh me too, Amber:) Swoon!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk