The French Chef In Action

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Have you tried any of Julia Child's recipes before? Oh boy, I’ve been smitten with her for a while now and I treat her cookbook like something incredibly precious in my kitchen. So you can imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon those 1963 photos of her on the set of The French Chef and those behind the scenes trying out recipes. You can totally feel her wittiness and humour there, can’t you? It was during one of those tapings when the infamous potato pancake fail occurred. Eek, she totally handled it like a pro! Are you Julia’s fan?  xo

P.S: Here is her in action making the famous boeuf bourguignon and here she is making hamburgers on David Letterman.
P.P.S: Also, here is her garlic tip and my favourite poached egg trick.

(Photos via Schlesinger Library)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I see photos of Julia I can not help but feel so happy. For me she is the best of best and her boeuf bourguignon is one of my all time favorite dishes to make. Love, Amy.

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, I feel the same way. I love watching her little clips on youtube. So brilliant!

Elsa de Diego said...

Awesome testimony! :) Thanks for sharing! Hope you are ok in NYC...!?!?!?

Mills (héron + hibou) said...

Those photos are wonderful. I'm a forever fan of Julia's. Her delightful quips and can do attitude are so endearing.

Diana Mieczan said...

I adore what you said about Julia, Mills! Totally with you on that.

Hannah Q. Parris said...

She is one of my faves...that first photo is so great, too! Thanks for sharing!

tutusandtea said...

I absolutely love Julia Child. She is such a real, humbling and magnificent inspiration... Her memoir, My Life in France is definitely one of the best books I"ve ever read! Great pictures, and great post!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Hannah!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Indeed, tutusandtea:) Her memoir is a must read for sure!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Indeed, tutusandtea:) Her memoir is a must read for sure!!!

HiLLjO said...

Shawn and I love to watch her old episodes on public TV here. So classic!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Classic - so true, HiLLjO:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk