That Little (Insignificant) Thing I Love...

Thursday, October 4, 2012

I'm not much of a touchy-feely type but I adore stolen smooches or tight hugs that make long grumpy days bearable. Having said that there is one thing that Balazs does daily that I couldn’t live without, and I just realized it.

For years now each time we are crossing a street, squeezing into a packed subway or walking into a crowded restaurant, Balazs has this sweet habit of grabbing my hand and holding it tight. It’s like he doesn’t want me to get hurt or get lost in the crowd. Till recently I didn’t really pay much attention to it but the other week while crossing a street his hands were busy with out dogs' leashes and he couldn’t grab my hand it time. The weird thing is that I totally noticed as this rather instinctive gesture made me feel loved and secure, so I missed it in that instant. That day made me realize how much I love when he holds my hand and from that point on I always wait for that sweet little moment during a busy day in the middle of a crazy city :)
 
Loves, what are the little and sometimes insignificant things your husband/boyfriend does that make you feel loved? Do tell! xo

P.S: Also, do you believe in love at first sight?
P.P.S: On marriage.

(Photo via Barbara Garriga Cortezo)

19 comments:

erin said...

This is so cute!

Elsa de Diego said...

Awww...u made my day, darling! God bless your love! :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

That is the best reminder to cherish the little gestures! Josh makes coffee each morning and when he knows that I am stressed he also attaches a tiny note. Nothing fancy just something to make me smile. Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

You are such a sweetheart, Elsa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww.. your Josh is so wonderful ,Jill!

HiLLjO said...

That is the best! I love that so much, Diana. <3 :''o)

Shawn notices the little things, and he helps me sooo much. Like, he knows I hate to do dishes in order to cook, so he does them very sneakily. I'll go looking for him only to find him drying the last dish...

Chrissy said...

Aw, Diana, this is so super sweet! Love it!
Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

You two make my heart smile. My husband of 8 years always kisses me on my forhead the first thing in the morning. It's special and makes me feel loved. Thanks for that Diana! Love, Amy

Lena P Cox said...

He runs in the house or calls me to share the sunset together.
It touches my heart in ways, I can't explain.
I adore what you posted today.
Reading yours was so sweet, also it made me focus on the goodness of my hubby.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

TheChambrayCountess said...

That is so sweet! I am not a pda kinda girl either, but I love the hand-holding and/or his hand on my hip when it happens. Thanks for reminding me to appreciate the little things!!

Eliza Jane said...

That is really sweet! xx

laurenjeanallece said...

Even though we're not together anymore, my old boyfriend and I are still very close friends and he still always, from the night I met him, makes sure when we're walking down the street that I'm on the inside, away from traffic. It was one of the first things I noticed about him - that he was extremely chivalrous and always wants to make sure I'm "safe".

Laura Bear said...

I love that so much!
The other day I noticed when he called me "Babe"...like "hey babe did you pay that bill?" or when he walks in the door,.. "hey babe' ...He has called me that for over 8 years, but for some reason it was like I stepped back and I heard him say it the other day... it made me all warm and fuzzy.
I like this post!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so sweet of him, HiLLjO:) Melts my heart!

Diana Mieczan said...

Forehead kisses are super special, indeed, Amy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sunset watching is so romantic, Lena.

Diana Mieczan said...

Lauren, what a lovely guy and the sweetest little gesture.

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura, awww...how special!!!

Polly Rowan said...

Oh that is SO cute! You sound like a lucky girl! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk