Shanghai’s Tree

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Crikey, I am pretty amazed by this street installation by Shanghai’s environmental group. Their goal was to show people how important it is to be environmentally conscious and to walk more instead of driving. The plan was to place a tree canvas in the middle of seven different roads and two sponge cushions on each sidewalk all soaked in green and environmentally friendly paint. Then it was all up to the pedestrians to be creative. The only thing they had to do was to step into the sponge on the way to the crossing and then step onto the tree. The project was so popular that over 3,920,000 people took part. Pretty amazing, isn’t it? Would you take part? (I totally would). xo

P.S: Here is their video of the whole  project if you fancy watching it.
P.P:S: Remember this mural? (It still blows my mind).

(via Today you inspired me)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would too diana and the idea is genius.

-Ola

Laura Bear said...

WOW that is a fantastic idea! I just love it. I would totally participate!

Mimi said...

i would definitely take part! this is so cool! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
LensVillage Giveaway

Karena said...

What a great idea Diana! Yes I absolutely would!

I am having an amazing Giveaway of Plush Pumpkins from Love Feast!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

I totally would! I am always up for fun things like that ;)

Silvia C said...

Amazing. What a great idea...so creative.

Eliza Jane said...

Oh I would totally take part in this, too! What an amazing idea! x

Diana Mieczan said...

You girls are awesome:)

HiLLjO said...

I would SO take part. And I'd hope the green stained to remember it, too. :o)

Lena P Cox said...

Definitely

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk