Perfect Pairs: 2-Ingredient Sandwiches

Monday, October 1, 2012

Since I was under the weather from Thursday, the weekend was all about going back to basics and relaxing. On Friday Balazs stumbled upon Saveur's 2 ingredients sandwiches and I don’t know about you, but there is something so cozy about simplicity that we couldn’t resist. Well, we managed to try a few and they didn’t disappoint. Here are our favourites: sharp cheddar and grainy mustard, ricotta and honey, and ham and hardboiled eggs. Now I’m on a mission to try more of those delicious mixes.
 
Lovelies, what would be your 2 ingredients sandwich right now? (I can not wait to give it a go). xo
 
P.S: Thank you so much for all the sweet notes last Thursday. After staying under the covers for three full days, I feel so much better. Blowing you all a huge kiss.
P.P.S: Plus a few more sandwich delights you might like.

(Photos by Saveur, layout by exPress-o)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are well, diana. I was thinking about you last night. I have eggs and ham in my fridge right now, so I am making that combo today. Also, my other favourite would be hummus and pickles. Jill

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

Happy you´re feeling better again! My perfect combo would be avocado with a lil lemon drizzle don´t you think or if you like it more salty you could have serrano ham with it. delish! xo

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thanks, Jill and Martie. I am feeling much much better. Also Jill, I am SO having hummus and pickles tomorrow for lunch!

Diana Mieczan said...

Avocado and lemon drizzle sounds so refreshing, Martie! Such a great combination.

Ashley said...

um these look UGH-mazing! totally trying #1 and #2!!

Stephanie said...

So glad you're feeling better!!

I used to eat cheese and mustard sandwiches all the time, although when I was a kid it was just American cheese and yellow mustard. I think I need to try the slightly more grown-up version now. ;-)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ashley, you will totally love them both. So good, especially the ricotta one with a cup of coffee:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Stephanie:) I love what you said. It totally is a "grown-up version".

Monica | Hola!design said...

The sandwiches look fantastic, especially the ricotta with honey.
Good to hear you're feeling better!
Happy Monday!

Amber said...

ham and eggs, really? I'll have to try that one out

HiLLjO said...

2 ingredients; the fewer, the better!

They all look lovely.

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica, much better. Thank you:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, HiLLjO:)

Laura Bear said...

MMM now I am hungry! :) I think Turkey and cheese always does it for me! (all melted and hot that is :) )

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk