Mammatus Phenomenon = Bubble Clouds

Monday, October 15, 2012

Crikey, nature can be frightening and mesmerizing at the same time, don’t you think? Last June after a stormy night, the residents of Regina in Canada woke up to a super rare cloud formation called the mammatus phenomenon. They couldn’t grasp how a scary storm can transform into something that breathtaking. They described the clouds as cotton balls, puffs and bubbles. Dreamy! Have you ever seen mammatus clouds before? xo

P.S: I love playing the guessing game with clouds, you?
P.P.S: Plus, the amazing sky.

(via Brianna Holifield. Photos by Voidrunner, Extreme Instability, kulfoto, Luminosity)

14 comments:

Chapstick Fanatic said...

so crazy! i think those would freak me out if i saw them in real life!

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

April Louise said...

Wow that is crazy but how beautiful at the same time! I think if I woke up to that I'd have thought the world was coming to an end!

Christianna said...

OMG, these are amazing! I've always been a cloud person, but I've never seen any as amazing as these!

Diana Mieczan said...

April, that is exactly what my friend, Sofia said this morning. How funny!

Diana Mieczan said...

Christianna, me too:) I LOVE looking at clouds!

Roselie said...

It's gorgeous! Amazing! I'd be really lucky to witness such a phenomenon...!

Eliza Jane said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning!

*jean* said...

yes! 2 years ago after a huge, scary thunderstorm here in MN...very, very cool...your photos are amazing!

Elsa de Diego said...

So dramatic and powerful! Thanks so much for sharing! xoxo

Just Another Shopaholic said...

So beautiful and dramatic.

Mills (héron + hibou) said...

Wow! Mother nature never ceases to amaze me. This is so cool. I think we can safely assume that the meteorologist who named the cloud formation was a man. ; ) xoxo!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jean, wow! How incredible!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Mills:) You made me giggle - love!

HiLLjO said...

Wow those are neat! I have never seen these but I theorize that all the new cloud formations are due to the changing poles/magnetivity pulling on the water molecules that make the clouds. Spectacular!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk