Life Lessons

Monday, October 1, 2012

You know the feeling when you read something that moves you, motivates or inspires you? A few weeks ago I read Michelle Ogundehin’s article in her editors’ column and since that day whenever I need bit of pick-me-up, I go back and re-read it till I am ready to go on with my day. It’s like a big breath of fresh, crisp air on a snowy morning. The piece is basically about her life learnings, her visions, her belief in working bloody hard to make it happen and enjoying the ride in between to the fullest. So I thought I'd share my favourite part that I keep on going over and over again in my head:

"Know your physical limits, but never stop dreaming. If you believe you can do something, you’ve already done the hard part. Rules are overrated but respect is everything. Don’t ask permission to succeed, just get on with it. If something hasn’t been done before, it doesn’t mean it’s not possible."

So lovelies, now your turn. I'd love to know what is one life lesson you’ve learned so far that is extremely important to you? Do tell! xo

P.S: Here is Michelle's full piece if you fancy reading it.
P.P.S: Three essentials to happiness.
 
(Photo via Modern Hepburn)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That part about knowing your limits really speaks to me. I've been feeling tons of pressure lately. Ola

Dancing Branflake said...

Oh man, that's a tough one. Basically, I've learned that if I really want something, I'll find a way to get it. If I didn't get it, then I probably didn't want it.

Mills (héron + hibou) said...

Great article. It really kindles the fire and makes me want to go after what I truly want. Thanks for sharing!

Chrissy said...

Wow, what a strong article. And it fits perfectly...this was exactly what I needed - thanks so much for sharing! xxx

HiLLjO said...

Expect the Unexpected.



:o)

Liesl said...

I know that feel so well! Thank you so much for sharing this, Diana! Always loved that quote! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ola, sending you a huge hug:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Crikey that is so spot on, Tiffany! And it makes so much sense, doesn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Mills, so well said:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Chrissy and HiLLjO, very true! My mom always says that!

Melissa Blake said...

Never stop believing in yourself...

Lucent Imagery said...

That you can't allow yourself or your actions to be shaped or influenced by other people's expectations/stereotypes/insecurities.

Diana Mieczan said...

I love that, Melissa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lucent Imagery, how very true! Brilliant:)

Laura Bear said...

Well this is so wonderful. I love how she ended it "when you finally get to those pearly gates and say wow, what a blast! Not oops, I forgot something."

I love the never stop believing in your self.. some days that is a tough one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk