It All Comes Back To Food!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lovelies, do you often use foodie figures of speech? Till last night I haven't even realized how often I use edible idioms in my everyday life. I am notoriously known for saying 'cool as a cucumber' or 'it’s not my cup of tea' or ever 'piece of cake'. The other one that reminds me of my grandma is a Polish figure of speech, 'bulka z maslem' which pretty much means a roll with butter and it's equivalent of ’piece of cake’.
Well, Sophie recently wrote a super interesting and very eye opening article about the rich food-related figures of speech we use. The incredibly cool part is that she didn’t only stick to English language, she also quoted tons of different ones from many different languages. You should totally check them out but in the meantime here are a few of my favourites.
-  have a peachy day
-  chop chop
-  the rough end of the pineapple
- as happy as a lemon
- if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
- the icing on the cake

What are yours? Do you speak any other languages besides English? Do you use them a lot? xo

P.S: Also, my thoughts on eating happier.
P.P.S: Plus, eating 50% raw food.

(Photo by What Kate Ate)


Anonymous said...

Since I started to read your blog I often catch myself saying easy peasy lemon squeezy. Such fun article, thanks! Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

That is AWESOME, Jill:)

Dancing Branflake said...

This is just adorable!!!! I use all of these just never realized it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk