How to bake eggs en cocotte

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Confession: If I could I would eat eggs, hummus or avocados with toast every single day of the week but since I’m already in my 30s and the general rule is that we should take good care of ourselves, I try eating all sorts of things:) Having said that, tonight as soon as Balazs gets home we are trying Emma’s baked eggs en cocotte recipe as a quick breakfast for dinner type of thing. I’ve never cooked baked eggs before, but it seems fairly easy. Have you? Anyway, I am thinking about adding a bit of dried tomatoes and a dash of dill to the mix, but I am not sure. What do you think? How do you bake your eggs? xo

P.S: Full recipe here and the genius egg trick!
P.P.S:  Fancy more? How about grilled cheese eggs, egg salad and my favourite poached egg sandwich.

(Photos by Emma Christensen)


Vintage Market Place said...

OMG TOO FUNNY I am just sitting here reading blogs while eating my lunch of eggs over white rice
I too could eat eggs for every meal everyday.
I am sooooo trying this baked egg dish I have fresh avocado and tomatoes all ready for my sides :)

Mal said...

I love baked eggs!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I make frittata a lot and also love to make egg muffins (an omelette mixture in muffin tins). They are so good!

Chic 'n Cheap Living

Elsa de Diego said...

I have a great friend who once told me: 'I love breakfast, even at dinner time!' The thing is, i usually cherish my breakfast/brunch time...and I usually thought that it was more related to my personal energy level at that time of the day...but, NOW, I cannot help but wonder...Is it all about the FOOD? 'Food for thought, literally!' :) XOXO

Monica | Hola!design said...

I love eggs! I've never had them like this, though. I want to try!
Have a good one!

August Wrinkle said...

I have never seen eggs made this way! Must try it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, that is so cool! What a great timing, isn't it? Btw: I took your advice and added a few slices of avocado with a drizzle of lemon juice over it as a side-dish.It was so good:) We also used dill and dried tomatoes:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chic 'n Cheap, now I want some egg-muffins:) YUM!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally Elsa and so true! I am so like your friend.I love breakfast dishes and I could eat them all the time.

little t said...

Yummy scrummy- thanks for this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk