How do you feel about flying?

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

How do you feel about flying? I spent most of my childhood and my teens on a plane flying all over the place but despite it being such normality to me, I still find landing utterly frightening. You?

Having said that my favourite time during a flight is when the plane reaches cruising level and the seat belts go off. Everyone starts relaxing, grabbing a magazine, drinking tea or coffee and you can just enjoy the silence (or chatter depending on the flight).
 
This planes series by Matt Low totally reminds me of my flying experiences as a child. Just looking at those photos you can recognize so many emotions like amazement, excitement, impatience or love. Brilliantly shot, don’t you think? So intimate and emotional. xo

P.S: San Francisco twinkling sky.
P.P.S: Plus, this aerial ballet:)

(via Design Mom)

12 comments:

Kristina said...

loving the shots! and i LOVE to look out the window while flying. do it all the time! and yes, i am particularly afraid of the take-off. the rest is fine :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Kristina. I always try to ask for the window seat! It's so lovely to look at the clouds while flying, isn't it? Very calming and totally relaxing.

Vintage Market Place said...

In my late 20's i became super scared of flying. Before child i would drink on the flight to calm myself lol. Now i just have to deal. Funny landing doesnt bother me. I become relieved as we started the descend the taking off can make me claw thru the arm handles ;)
Amy

Hannah Q. Parris said...

Those photos are just wonderful. I prefer window seats, but since I usually have to get up at least once per flight, I try to be courteous and sit in the aisle or middle instead. I hate waking up other passengers!

Rachel @ Existation said...

I looove flying! My favorite part of the flight is going through the clouds. I love seeing them above or below me, and slowly coming level with them, until I'm IN them, and it's like I've entered a cloud world. Also, those children are adorable...they look much more well-behaved than the kids who have sat behind me on the last couple of flights I've been on...=]

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, drinking is always a good idea - giggle!

Diana Mieczan said...

Hannah, I don't like waking up other passengers as well. It can be so awkward..eek!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Rachel and you are so right, it's always wonderful to look at the clouds while flying.

Christianna said...

I have mixed feelings about it, but I thank God for it every day!

Little London Observationist said...

I absolutely adore flying. To be in a plane is one of my favorite places in the world. Maybe it's more about what it signifies (travel, freedom, relaxation, reading, music) than the actual experience, but I love it.

Diana Mieczan said...

I adore your comment, LLO:)

tiffany // camp1899.com said...

in a word. terrifying.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk