exPress-o Originals: Superfood Mocktail

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

How about a little superfood mocktail to keep you all healthy and strong during the sniffly time of the year? Recently my friend Sofia got Balazs and I hooked on this fresh mix of beetroot juice, lemon and ginger root. Despite the fact that Balazs never really fancied beetroot before (who really does, right?), nowadays he oddly looks forward to those weekly mocktails. I can honestly say that it doesn’t get better and healthier than that!

The mix is all about boosting your stamina (the beetroot), adding vitamin C goodness to your system (lemon), sweetening your life (agave syrup), calming your stomach and cleaning your sinuses (ginger).

Here is the full how to if you fancy trying it yourself.

Superfood Mocktail
(Devised by Zoran Peric – makes one)

Ingredients:
* 100 ml. beetroot juice (you can make your own or buy a bottle of organic pre-made juice)
* 1 cm. ginger root (peeled and crushed)
* juice of half a lemon
* 1 tablespoon of agave syrup

Extras:
* ice cubes
* cocktail shaker

Place the crushed and peeled ginger in the bottom of your shaker, add the beetroot juice, the lemon juice and the agave syrup. Top it all off with some ice and shake it well. Next pour it to the glass and enjoy! We love drinking it over ice. Ta dah!

Loves, what are your favourite boosters or mocktails? Would you try this one? How do you keep healthy during the cooler seasons? Any great mixes you'd like to share? xo

P.S: Also, this avocado booster, plus a few more of my favoruite recipes.
P.P.S: exPress-o film club is coming up!

(Photos by exPress-o. Layout by Ana Degenaar - Blog Milk for exPress-o. Thank you Ana for your help with this series).

11 comments:

McKenna Ryan said...

This looks delicious. I would have never guessed it was beet root juice but the color is exquisite. I am always looking for new ways to keep my body healthy and strong during the holidays and winter seasons. Thank you for positng this!!

Dancing Branflake said...

No way!!!! As someone who doesn't drink alcohol, I do love this post.

Anonymous said...

Diana, your recipes are getting better and better. Oddly, I love beetroot and I'll be making this tonight. Cheers, Grace

Diana Mieczan said...

McKenna Ryan, I love the rich colour as well:) Btw: my pleasure.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, fantastic, Tiffany and Grace, that is awesome!!!

Monica | Hola!design said...

I love ginger root, it's so good for you.
I'm going to have to try this!

Reen Reen said...

Ok so I have to admit this takes about 6 sips til I can drink it without gagging but then I'm detoxing so that might add to it


Pixel Hazard | Bright Green Laces |

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica, me too! I could have ginger in my tea all the time.

Laura Bear said...

Woah I need this. Feeling it this time of year.. time to get myself on track, inside and out!

Annie said...

I bet you could have guessed that I would love this :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Annie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk