Breakfast-For-Dinner Under 5 Minutes

Monday, October 22, 2012

What were you up to yesterday? We were busy recharging our batteries aka being lazy! We spent our day catching up on New Girl, Modern Family and Suburgatory while munching on rye bread toasts with mashed avocado and my new favourite 30 seconds semi-poached eggs. The best part is that those scrumptious bites take about 5 minutes to whip up and they are also the perfect healthy balance of goodness and nutrients. Genius!
 
Btw: here is the semi poached egg trick: grease a little cup, break the egg into it, season it with salt and pepper (and red sweet chilly if you’re addicted to it as I am), cover with plastic wrap allowing a small gap of air and place the egg in the microwave for 30 seconds. Ta dah!
 
Fancy one too? What telly series are you into this autumn? xo

P.S: butter substitute: avocado?
P.P.S: Plus the classic poached egg trick.
 
(Trick and photos by Samantha Linsell)

19 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

can I just come hang with you on a Sunday, this is delightful!!!

I love all your egg recipes!
and
we are totally into watcing, Ben and Kate and Revenge....oh so good!

Amy

Annie said...

Yum! This is such perfection :)

Maria Maria Maria said...

That's so funny, we were lazy yesterday, too. We got all caught up on Modern Family (LOVE) and New Girl. I do the avocado thing, too! http://aminuteinthelifeofmaria.blogspot.com/2012/05/minute-of-deliciousness-avocado-and.html

I'll have to try it with an egg now :)
Have a lovely week!
xo

E. Charlotte said...

Thanks for the egg idea! I'll have to try it! :)

Melissa Blake said...

Ooooh, that egg looks so delicious!! xoxo

LyddieGal said...

looks delightful! i want this for breakfast tomorrow... wonder if the avocados are ripe...
Chic on the Cheap

Elsa de Diego said...

I just love anything with avocados! :) Looks delish darling! xoxo

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Yes, this a great combination any time!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Heba said...

that looks delicious

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

You really can't go wrong with eggs & avocado - thanks for the reminder, I may be making this for dinner tomorrow :)

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Oh my this looks yummy.

Alexa said...

Seriously one of the best combinations ever!

Polly Rowan said...

ARGH you find the best breakfast themed things! Makes the porridge I'm eating right now seem rubbish haha! Looks delicious. I love breakfast for dinner, even if it's just baked beans on toast! I love New Girl too. My boyfriend and I are OBSESSED with Breaking Bad at the moment. You should try it - it's seriously addictive! Have a lovely day xxx

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Amy! You SO should come over:) Btw: my friend is totally into watching Revenge too. I need to check it out now.

Diana Mieczan said...

That is wonderful, Maria:) Btw: I love your avocado on tomato toast. It looks so scrumptious.

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie, if they are not you can always use this trick:

http://diana212m.blogspot.com/2012/03/fancy-avocado-trick.html

Hope that helps:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, Michelle:) And Polly, your comment is so sweet. Thank you. Btw: Breaking Bad sounds awesome. Thanks for that!

Fel said...

ah this looks awesome! just found your blog via spunkyrella, still havent tried an avocado/egg combo but this looks so good!

Diana Mieczan said...

Fel, hello:) You should totally try it. It's SO good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk