Audrey Hepburn as Sabrina

Monday, October 8, 2012

How beautiful are those photographs of Audrey Hepburn? There were shot for LIFE Magazine by Mark Shaw while she filmed Sabrina in 1954. The awesome thing is that we would never see them if not for Mark’s first wife who in 2008 rediscovered them in a box in the home they used to share. Supposedly Audrey wasn’t too keen at first on having her photographs taken but as soon as she realized how devoted Mark was to his work, she opened up and they created a very close family-like bond. Aren’t those snaps amazing? Such a beauty! Are you Audrey’s fan? xo

P.S: She inspired me to wear loafers and I love her in stripes.
P.P.S: Do you remember her baby deer pet? And here is the 1995 remake of the movie.

(via Miss Moss)

14 comments:

Fashion art and other fancies said...

All images are lovely. The third is my favourite. It has such a brilliant mood.

Dominika said...

I just can't take my eyes off her. Not only today, but it's been lasting for years... I love hairstyling pictures above...

Inés said...

Her image, personality and charism are still an inspiration for women all over the world...tons of attitude!
Big hugs, sweetie!

Inés
SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Fashion art and other fancies, so true! The third one is so cheeky and fun!

Diana Mieczan said...

So well said, Inés:)

Dancing Branflake said...

Wow! I had no clue his wife found them so recently. Incredible!

Monica | Hola!design said...

Beautiful pictures, I love Audrey, so chic. I'm obsessed with her eyebrows!

Amber said...

gosh she is the epitome of a classic beauty

Vintage Market Place said...

She is a classic
Although my favorite film of hers comes much later in her life
Charade with Cary Grant a great thriller!!
Second fav is Wait Until Dark... Another 60's thriller sooo good!!
Audrey plays a blind woman suspenseful indeed!
Amy

Stephanie said...

Every time I see a picture of Audrey Hepburn I think to myself "I want her eyebrows!!" And actually, these pictures are making me want bangs again. ;-)

@Vintage Market Place - I LOVE Charade. I can't even count how many times I've seen it. Apparently Cary Grant was adamant that Hepburn's character had to be the one pursuing HIM and not the other way around, because he didn't want to look like a creepy old man. :-P

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, right Tiffany?

Diana Mieczan said...

Her eyebrows are amazing, indeed Monica:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, I am checking out both of those movies right away! They sound great. Thanks.

Diana Mieczan said...

Stephanie, bangs are the best:) I LOVE them:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk