10 Best Scary Films (just in time for Halloween)

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Do you like scary films? How about your husband/boyfriend? Balazs and I have a deal that whenever we go to the cinema, we pick the movies in turns. So I usually go for a drama that will make me cry or a sweet little comedy, but when it's Balazs' turn he likes the thrill of scary movies.

Having said that, the one night in the year that I’m up for a horror is Halloween. So I asked Balazs to share 10 films that are worth scaring yourself silly for. There are a few classics that I even enjoy, but there are also a few that without a bucket of popcorn and some candy, I can't sit through. Anyhow, tomorrow night I am ready to get scared to the fullest. How about you?

1.Friday the 13th, starring a very young, pre-Footloose Kevin Bacon, 1980.
2. Halloween, 1978. Nobody screams like Jamie Lee Curtis.
3. ScreamThe movie where Courteney Cox & David Arquette hooked up.
4. The Shining - before you watch the actual movie check out this spoof trailer from 2006.  Here's Johnny!
5. The Ring. The movie that made me stay away from VHS tapes - thank God they're a thing of the past!
6. Alien, 1979. That famous scene where the baby-alien breaks out from the chest gave me a few sleepless nights.
7. The StrangersThe sheer terror of the unknown and unseen
8. Zombieland. The lighter side of gore, but with equal amount of blood. And Jesse Eisenberg before he became Mark Zuckerberg.
9. Panic Button. A rare find. This british psycho-horror will hit home with all of us actively engaging in social networking. Truly terrifying!
10. A Nightmare On Elm Street, 1984. With the really fresh-faced Johnny Depp. And a fashion note: this is the reason I stay away from red/black striped sweaters :)

Loves, have you seen any of those film? Which one tickles your fancy? How do you celebrate Halloween this year? xo

P.S: 10 feel good films of my 20s and 10 best romantic comedies.
P.P.S: Plus, a few other awesome movies you might like!

(Photos via IMDb and layout by exPress-o)

15 comments:

Elsa de Diego said...

Great selection darling! As for me, I just came back from the dentist...Now, that's scary enough ;) Muah!

Elsa de Diego said...

Darling, are u guys ok up there? My prayers to you guys!!!!!!! :) Muah!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy getting scared and a few of balazs' choices are my all time favorites. We just watched the shining last weekend and that spoof made my laugh so hard.

-Ola

Vintage Market Place said...

I like suspense but not horror.
Way to scarey.

Hope all is well with you in the city.
Thinking of you.
Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

Elsa, dentist? Oh boy, that is scary for sure. I always have such a hard time booking an appointment. Thanks for your sweet note:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ola, the spoof made the movie so much less scary for me. I loved it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, I feel the same way...A bit of suspense is always good:) xo

Eliza Jane said...

My boyfriend and I have been watching scary movies lately, and we saw Halloween! Despite the dated-ness of it, it was pretty spooky!

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, it's a spooky one for sure, Eliza!

HiLLjO said...

Amityville Horror!!! I am OBSESSED with that movie! LOVE!

the cape on the corner said...

i am so glad you have the strangers up there! the randomness of it all totally creeps me out. scream is an all around great movie. what would i add? what's the ring-esque one with sarah michelle geller? maybe that one.

LyddieGal said...

i watched zombieland for the first time last night and was pleasantly surprised. a lot of gore, but mostly just funny and a little sweet.

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so checking that one out, HiLLjO! Thanks:) Balazs will love it for sure.

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Lyddie!

Diana Mieczan said...

the cape on the corner, do you mean The Grudge? Btw: I totally agree with what you said about the strangers. Oh boy, that was one scary movie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk