To Brogue or Not To Brogue?

Monday, September 10, 2012

While girl-chatting with  my mom last night, she mentioned that she just got a new pair of classic brogues. She also said that they are all over London right now and girls seem to be embracing the classic masculine-feminine brogues ala Katherine Hephurn as a summer/autumn transition piece. Crikey, ever since last night I'm thinking about getting a pair and wearing them with cigarette pants this autumn. What do you think? I'm charmed by the tomboyish twist they bring to the outfit. How do you feel about them? Will you wear brogues this season? xo

P.S: Also, loafers and those awesome jazz shoes:)
P.P.S: Plus a few more autumn trends you might like.

(Photos by Vanessa Jackman, The Sartorialist, Stockholm Streetstyle)
 

20 comments:

thingsIlove said...

To brogue! They are so comfortable. I love to play with outfits. Like wearing a feminine dress with a little bit manly accessories.

Diana Mieczan said...

thingsIlove, oh yes. Sweet dresses look so stylish with brogues:)

Natasha Fatah said...

Definitely to brogue - such a great, sophisticated look, without breaking your feet in high heels. And as you've illustrated so beautifully, you can wear them with anything.

~Natasha Fatah~

Mary Jo at TrustYourStyle said...

I really love how they look and you picked so many great examples. I can't seem embrace the trend myself but love it on others.

xo Mary Jo

Alexa said...

I still am not sure about the style...but then again that first photo might change my mind!

Eliza Jane said...

These became popular in Vancouver (Canada) about three years ago! xx

holtkamp said...

i love this look! brogues all the way :)

LyddieGal said...

I think they look so cute on everyone else, but I just never care for how they look on me!
My awesome studded cutout pair languishes in the back of my closet.

Chic on the Cheap

Lena P Cox said...

Agree totally with Alexa. I think it's something I would do, however, very sparingly.

Christianna said...

Yes do it! I live in them! But I have a very tomboyish style, so they work for me!

MrJeffery said...

love the photos! i feel like everyone pulls it off here.

Amber said...

this isnt a real question is it? I mean you brogue, you always brogue :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thank you, Natasha:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool, Eliza!

Diana Mieczan said...

Christianna, I was thinking about you while writing this post. I was positive that you own a pair:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Amber:) You always make me smile with your comments!

Patricia Villamil said...

love them bought a pair of gray ones already!

Sara said...

I bought a pair in Edinburgh 2 years ago and have worn through 3 pairs since. They go with EVERYTHING! Dresses and tights, shorts, skinnies- Whatever! Always, always brogue.

pratibha said...

nice post.
http://onlinefootwearindia.wordpress.com/2012/09/07/get-assured-of-comfort-with-brushed-leather-shoes/

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, Patricia:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk