One Place - 16 Lakes

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Have you been to Croatia before? The last time I visited Zagreb was probably 20 years ago. Yikes way too long. So when last night I spotted this gem called The Plitvice Lakes, I literally gasped with amazement. They are a series of 16 lakes incorporated by amazing waterfalls and they are also part of the Croatian National Park. Just imagine spending a week swimming in the azure colour water while spotting rare birds flying about or taking hikes amongst the PljeĊĦivica mountain - bliss! But if you fancy a bit of thrill, you could also have a go at one of the waterfalls. Sounds good? Nature is truly spectacular and I have goosebumps just thinking about it. xo

P.S: Plus four other cool lakes you might like: in Austria, in France, a glowing one in Australia and this strawberry-milkshake in Senegal.

(via Daily Mail. Photos by Silanes, John & Tina Reid's, Antoine Khater, Jack Brauer and via Hello)

13 comments:

Elisa said...

This was one of the first places hubby took me when I visited Croatia for the first time. I actually have a picture of the lakes in our master bedroom.
I highly recommend it. It is truly a beautiful place. My jaw dropped when I saw the largest waterfall. Nature...love it!

Lena P Cox said...

Gasping with you!
Wow! the vivid blues and greens, very inviting...One day soon I hope. Thanks for making my day, you always seem to do that. Please, don't stop, teehee

Sarah said...

I was there a few years ago - beautiful!! You can't swim in the park but the water is so clear you can watch the fish play in the sunlight.

holtkamp said...

oh my gosh, this place looks amazing! i've never been to continental europe and dying to go!

Eliza Jane said...

This is definitely amazing.

Christianna said...

I. Want. To. Go. There. Now.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I've been here! 3 summer's ago. It's just as beautiful in person :)

Diana Mieczan said...

How wonderful, Elisa:) Oh, wish I could be there right now.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thanks for your sweet comment, Lena:)

Diana Mieczan said...

How fun, Sarah and Michelle, you're making me swoon right now:)

Monica | Hola!design said...

oh It's one of my dreams: to got to Croatia! You always find the most beautiful places, D!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thanks, Monica:) I am so happy that you like them.

HiLLjO said...

Zagreb!!! What a cool word! And how pretty it is there, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk