My New Favourite Toner Under $5

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Do you use homemade cosmetics? I mostly stay away from experimenting but a few weeks ago I tried Rebecca's toner mix and by now I'm hooked! Even a few of my friends started to use it.

It’s a simple mix of apple cider vinegar and water. I use the milder take on it which is 3 parts of water mixed with 1 part of apple cider vinegar but you can experiment with the density to suit your skin type.

The awesome thing is that after using it for about a month I can totally see my skin being more glowy and healthy looking. Btw: supposedly it works wonders on acne as well. Oh, and the smell goes away as soon as it soaks into your skin. Natural, unexpensive and works - brilliant! 

Lovelies, would you try it? Any other great homemade mixes you'd like to share? xo

P.S: And how to avoid lipstick faux pas.

(Top photo by Jordan Voth. Second photo by exPress-o.  Second photo layout by Ana Degenaar - Blog Milk for exPress-o)

22 comments:

Annie said...

I use this as my homemade toner all the time!! It really works wonders. I also just posted about a no-rinse facial cleanser that has these same 2 main ingredients (ACV + H2O) plus a hint of lavender & rose :) I bet you would like it - http://allnaturalannie.com/2012/09/product-of-the-week-9/

Monica | Hola!design said...

oh wow! I was just reading about the benefits of apple cider vinegar, I'm going to try this!!!
thanks,D!

Elsa de Diego said...

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing this. I'll try it and let u know! XOXO

KristiMcMurry said...

Sounds promising! I think I might try it tonight. I need to get some of those pads to rub it in though. I usually just use tissue paper.

rebecca said...

i'm so glad you liked it! i'm obsessed.

Stephanie said...

Ooh, I might have to give this a try! I just ran out of toner and I'd love to try something homemade. :-)

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Just might have to try.

Gwen said...

huh?! I love ACV as a home remedy for many things such as upset stomach/indigestion to toe nail fungus but I never thought about a toner!!!!!!

xoxo

bestie said...

uh, definitely. i just happened to have just purchased a new bottle of acv over the weekend...toning starts tomorrow!

Dominika said...

I definitely want to give it a try! If only it does not make skin dry it might be a true revelation!

Diana Mieczan said...

Annie, it sounds fantastic. I am checking it out righ now. Thanks, lovely!

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica, it's such a great mix. You'll love it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Kristi pads would be better for it but tissue paper works fine too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, bestie and Dominika, my skin is extra sensitive and gets very dry all the time but since I started to use this toner, it all changed and my skin feeling glowy and smooth now.

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, Rebecca:) And Gwen, how interesting! I just read about ACV working wonders on upset stomach. Ha! Need to remember that. Thanks!

HiLLjO said...

How bout that! ACV is amazing for everything. Make sure you're always buying the good stuff; not just flavored white vinegar! <3

Diana Mieczan said...

Good point, HiLLjO! It's always very important to get the good stuff and not just flavored vinegar.

Amber said...

totally gonna try this one out! Thanks for the tip

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Amber:)

Lena P Cox said...

Did this...
Cleared my face instantly.
Due to lack of sleep and stress, it showed up on my face as normal.
The first use, my face said, Aha!
Then next day I seen immediate healing.
Thanks!

Jamillah said...

I LOVE THIS! LOVE.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Lena!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk