Le Sigh - Right Place, Right Time

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How much I’d love to beam myself through to that exact moment in Thomas' photograph. You? It was taken on a coolish November evening in the middle of nowhere at the west coast of Sylt island in the North Sea. It was his last shot for the day and an accidental one too. Just imagine standing there all cozy in your sweater leaning onto your boyfriend’s/husband’s warm shoulder and admiring the Milky Way in its full glory. Wouldn’t that be something? Spectacular and special to say the least. Have you ever seen the Milky Way in real life? Would you like to? xo

P.S: You can read more about how the photo came about here.
P.P.S: Remember this mesmerizing wedding photo or the solar flare storm last January?

(via Sara Kienitz. Photos by Thomas Zimmer)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lucky and how beautiful. You just made my morning with this post. Thank you, Jill

Eliza Jane said...

This photograph is stunning!! I had the pleasure of seeing the milky way - in fact, of looking at the sky when it looked very similar to this, but with *zero* light pollution - when I was in Jordan last December and spent a night in the Wadi Rum desert. It was easily one of the most awe-inspiring moments of my life. I blogged about it here:

http://elizaoverthemoon.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/jordan-in-pictures.html

Have a good day! xx

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh my goodness, how incredibly special, Eliza:) Off to check it out.

Roselie said...

Goodness this is stunning!! I so wish I could see the milky way...

HiLLjO said...

How spectacular. I love the little pocket of light around the person. Magic!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Roselie:) le sigh!

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, very magical. Can you believe that such a beautiful image was all accidental? Incredible, right?

Amber said...

the only word I can come up with to describe this pic is just wow

Lena P Cox said...

Definitely want to see.
God names and numbers all stars....
Isaiah 40:25 “But to whom can YOU people liken me so that I should be made his equal?” says the Holy One. 26 “Raise YOUR eyes high up and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy,* he also being vigorous in power,* not one [of them] is missing. (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures)

Beautiful!

LyddieGal said...

wow, what a splendid view. such a happy accident!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Lyddie?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk