Gooey Chocolate Cake

Monday, September 10, 2012

Balazs' birthday is still a few months away but I’ve already started to think about his birthday cake. I am not huge on cakes and I don't bake them often, you? On the other hand Balazs loves all things chocolate and caramel. We have a little tradition of homemade goodies on the day of his birthday. So when a few days ago I spotted this beauty I did a little happy dance as I think this is the winner. It has everything you can possibly want: gooey chocolate, ice cream and even hot caramel sauce. Yum! What’s your favourite birthday cake you have ever eaten?  Do tell. xo

Btw: Fancy making one too? Here is the recipe.

P.S: I made this one two years ago. It was delicious.
P.P.S: In the mood for a chit-chat? Join me on Twitter!

(Photos by Willow Bird Baking)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diana this cake looks sinful and I just recently got myself a great skillet pan so now I can make this. Hurry! Cheers, Grace.

Stephanie said...

You guys are the exact opposite of Glen and me! I will eat ANYTHING sweet, but he wants nothing to do with cake. ;-)

Eliza Jane said...

This cake looks delicious! I'm not normally a fan of cake. But I love ice cream cakes!! Have a great Monday xx

Hannah Q. Parris said...

Oh yum! Looks like a contender for Z's birthday this year, too...although the salted caramel chocolate cake you posted has become a favorite of both of ours!

Lady Grey said...

that must be insanely delicious!!

Dominika said...

This is very bad... the more my autumn chocolate insanity has just started... HELP! Diana you don't help showing such a delice! ;)

Anna Safronova said...

this cake looks too delicious!! I can't even imagine how high in calories it is! I've got to cook it someday!

www.mindedfashion.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, Grace:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Stephanie, I love cookies or pies or even candy but I am not huge on cakes:) Btw: Glen sounds exactly like my dad. If he could he would have a jar of pickles as his birthday cake:) Promise!

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so happy about that, Hannah:). Balazs loves that cake so much!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Dominika:)

little t said...

That sounds soooo gooood!

HiLLjO said...

This intrigues me! Cast iron? YES.

Lena P Cox said...

My husband makes 52 today,
9-11-1960
I shared your yummy posted with him.
I shall treat him tonight with something super yummy, lol
We don't celebrate birthdays, we make "each & every day count".
It's important to us both to live each day as a day of birth.
Makes us happy.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..happy birthday to your husband, Lena and I love what you said -"we make each & every day count". - SO sweet!

Lena P Cox said...

Thanks I'll tell him how sweet you are but I already talk about you almost everyday, ha ha....We share your post a good bit now...I'm liking this.
Did you think this would turn into a couple's post?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk