exPress-o Film Club: Bachelorette

Tuesday, September 11, 2012


This week let’s talk about a fresh release - Bachelorette. Balazs and I watched it with friends on iTunes last week but it also hit movie theatres on the 7th of September. Have you seen it already? What did you think?

The movie is pretty much the female version of The Hangover with a similar vibe to Girls played by three incredible hilarious ladies: Kirsten Dunst, Lizzy Caplan and my favourite Isla Fisher. (I just love her spot-on wittiness and her adorable red hair). It’s a dark comedy about three hard-partying and totally crazy NYC friends. The whole movie is about the night before their High School friend’s (Rebel Wilson) wedding and all the predicaments those three get themselves into - oh boy! It’s a hilariously-awkward film that I thoroughly enjoyed. We laughed our heads off the whole time and at times wanted to cover our eyes during the uncomfortable moments but couldn’t resist peeking through.

Bits and bobs:
* From the cast.
* The sweet Rebel Wilson on Jimmy Kimmel.
* Isla also played in Wedding Crashers and ages ago in Home and Away.
* Kirsten kissing Spiderman!
* Also, did you know that Kirsten speaks German pretty well?
* Lizzy played Janis Ian in Mean Girls back in 2004.
* Kirsten always looks stunning with red lips and I adored her on David Letterman in 2007.
* Isla on her role in Bachelorette with Vanity Fair.
* Also, Lizzy's dream is to work with Meryl Streep one day.
* One of the guys, Adam Scott played recently in Friends with Kids.
* And James Marsden played brilliantly in 27 Dresses. Have you seen it?

P.S: Fancy more?

(Photos via IMDb)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making a note right now to see this one. Love, Amy

Anacristina said...

I urge everyone to see 27 Dresses, it's sooo good.

x's & o's
Anacristina
laughsandicecream.blogspot.com

Ana Degenaar said...

Oh golly! I seriously need to watch this!

Alexa said...

I really do need to see this! Haha

Monica | Hola!design said...

I want to watch this! Looks hilarious!

Diana Mieczan said...

Great, Amy and Anacristina, oh yes! 27 Dresses is one awesome movie, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ana, I think you will LOVE it.

TheChambrayCountess said...

I have not seen anything about this movie until now-- thanks for the recommendation, it looks fun!

Christianna said...

I LOVE all three of these girls and can't wait to watch this flick! I had no idea Adam Scott was in it too! I love him on "Parks and Rec"! Sadly, it's not playing here yet though...

Eliza Jane said...

Wow, this movie wasn't even on my radar, but I'm so glad you told me about it! It looks hilarious! Thanks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk