Childhood memories & Raspberry Doughnuts

Thursday, September 27, 2012
Do you know the feeling when a certain food reminds you of a specific childhood moment? Well, doughnuts will always and forever remind me of my kindergarden time. I wasn’t too keen on the whole idea of kindergarten so in hopes to make it more enjoyable, my mom used to treat me to a little doughnut filled with jam each Thursday on the way back from my miserable kindergarten day. I counted on my fingers each week how many more sleeps till I can have the next one. As funny as it sounds, it helped :) Moms really know best, don’t they? I think those beauties are in order today but instead of buying one I fancy the idea of making a whole bunch of them. (Here is the full recipe). Loves do you like doughnuts? What’s your favourite filling? xo

P.S: Also, remember those?

(Photos by Jenna - Eat, Live, Run)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about jam toast. My nana used to make them for me each weekend. Good memories and those look delish! Jill

Anonymous said...

i like donuts too

Stephanie said...

I am a total sucker for doughnuts! Or anything sweet, really. I'm normally good about eating healthy, but I have a horrendous sweet tooth. ;-)

Annie said...

I never really got into donuts with filling, but if I was to have filling then I would definitely have raspberry :) have a great day! xo

Inés said...

Ah! Easy one...DULCE DE LECHE! I'm a totally freak about dulce de leche, and by sweet "tooth", I mean "teeth", all of them!

Big hugs, Diana!

Inés
SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Monica | Hola!design said...

My favorite is glazed! That's so sweet that your used to do that for you :)

Vintage Market Place said...

That is the sweetest memory!
What a wonderful momma you have
Doughnuts always remind me of having a yardsale as a kid. Once evey summer my moms whole fam would throw a big family yard sale and that is when we would be treated to doughnuts. It was a special treat for helping.
Nowadays i am not a big fan maybe once a year i get a craving for a good doughnut
Amy

Cara said...

looks yummy!

HiLLjO said...

Your story made me a little emotional; it's Thursday :o)

My grandma always had these Windmill cookies with almonds in them and I can't find them anymore, but boy do I still remember them.
<3

Anacristina said...

mmmm... these look delicious. I met have to try these this weekend!

x's & o's
Anacristina
laughsandicecream.blogspot.com

Lena P Cox said...

I adore this story!
Yes, somethings just speak memories of love, warmth, and yummy!
Beignets

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, how sweet of your nana:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Stephanie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, I love your yardsale story:) It's so sweet!

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk