British Lovebirds

Friday, September 7, 2012

This morning I stumbled upon the sweetest article and I simply have to share. I promise it will melt your heart!

Lionel and Ellen are the adorable British couple who celebrated their 100th birthdays and their 75th wedding anniversary last March. How amazing is that?

They met a whopping 82 years ago and after 6 years of dating they married in 1936. They both said that they have never been apart from each other and that they are more in love now than ever. (Aww!).  Ellen also mentioned that ever since they got together, they always made time for nice evenings out, romantic dinners or even a fun game of bingo because that is exactly what best friends do.

I am in awe, you? Almost 8 decades together and going strong. Cheers! What an inspiration, isn’t it? How long are you with your partner/boyfriend/husband from the time you started dating? xo

P.S: My grandparents are 66 years together this year.
P.P.S: Plus, here are a few adorable New York couples who have been together for more than 50 years.

(via Shaking it up. Photos: 1. on their wedding day in July 1936, 2. during Lionel's 100th birthday celebration last March, by Matt Scott for Daily Mail)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diana that is the dreamy. I hope that Jan and I will be able to celebrate 75 years together. Cheers, Grace

Cara said...

so cute!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Grace! That is the dream, indeed:)

holtkamp said...

i love this! we need more of these stories!

Diana Mieczan said...

I agree, holtkamp:)

Annie said...

I LOVE this.

Amber said...

thats the sweetest thing I've ever read.

Eliza Jane said...

This is amazing. x

Sal {Daniel and I} said...

Aw! This is the sweetest thing I have heard in a really long time. What a gorgeous couple. Thanks for sharing!
xx

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...Amber:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Sal:)

sonia a. mascaro said...

Just lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk