Autumn Transition Piece: Cozy Knit Dress

Wednesday, September 26, 2012


A few weeks ago I mentioned to my good friend that each autumn I find it hard to put away my flowy summer dresses and start getting into the routine of wearing tons of layers. Being super helpful, she gave me a nifty little tip on how to ease into the autumn/winter cold but still enjoy the transition stage. It's all in sweater dresses. First you wear them with ballerina flats and bare legs, then gradually you add tights, boots, a blazer and finally you dress it up with a trench and a scarf. Ta dah! Inspired by her advice I got this snazzy number that I am wearing today with navy tights and messy hair.

Loves, do you ever wear sweater dresses? Would you? What do you think about my friend's advice? Fancy any of the looks above? xo

P.S: Plus, my beloved elbow patches and a few fun sweater inspirations.

(Photos by The Sartorialist, Hanneli and via Circa Fashion, Fits of FashionScent of Obsession, A well traveled woman, The Golden Diamonds)

13 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh, I forgot. Another tip: when you are buying a sweater dress, always get a size bigger as it will shrink a bit after washing.

Melissa Blake said...

I don't think I could pull this one off, but I love the striped one! Happy Wednesday, friend! xoxo

Anonymous said...

My favorite fall uniform. I have like 8 different knit-dresses that I wear all season with tights or even leggings.

Diana Mieczan said...

Leggings are such a good idea, Anonymous! Thanks:)

Vintage Market Place said...

I adore this post Diana!
I love love love a good sweater dress.
I have been obsessed with them ever since a Chloe ad in Vogue a few years ago. I keep that ad on my inspiration board til this day.
I love all the tips for making it work from fall to winter.
Here, I long for the cold days so I can wear my comfy sweater dress.
I should be able to wear it with just boots by November ;)
Amy

Little London Observationist said...

Looooove sweater dresses. Mmmmmm... fall!

Diana Mieczan said...

I totally remember that ad, Amy! Have a beautiful and cozy day. xo

Diana Mieczan said...

Little London Observationist, fall is such a great season, isn't it?

Anna Safronova said...

Now I know what dress to look for while shopping at weekends

www.mindedfashion.com

HiLLjO said...

I need me a mustard cable knit dress.


Yesterday!

Lena P Cox said...

So helpful, that is exactly how I feel right now.
I adore picture 2 & 3.
It's so true...
It goes against the grain to put on Summer attire, even when hot.
I am easefully moving, Summer into my upstairs closet.

dotblogg said...

I love the fifth look! I saved it for inspiration. Next week I'm so going to look for such a pullover, and I'll be wearing it with tights and my autumn/winter boots:)I also need a hat for autumn..definitely.;)
hugs!
J

Anonymous said...

You actually make it appear so easy along with your [url=http://www.www.saclongchamppascher-fr.eu/sac-longchamp-pliage-toureiffel-c-18.html]Sac Longchamp Pliage Tour-Eiffel[/url] presentation but I in finding this topic to be actually something which I feel I would never understand. Sac Longchamp Pliage Cheval Au [url=http://www.www.saclongchamppascher-fr.eu/sac-%C3%A0-main-longchamp-c-5.html]Sac à Main Longchamp[/url] , It kind of feels too complicated and extremely vast for me. I'm having a look ahead to your subsequent publish, I??ll attempt to get the grasp of it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk