World’s Only Underwater Post Office

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Have you heard about the world's only underwater post office? This morning my jaw literally dropped when I spotted this gem that is situated within the Hideaway Island marine sanctuary in the Republic of Vanuatu. It sits in around three metres of water and anyone who is brave enough to try diving is able to post special 'waterproof postcards' any day of the week as if you would in a regular post office. They use a special device instead of regular ink for stamping and waterproof envelops for letters. Also, if you are too scared to go all the way down, the post office staff is happy to help out and meet you half way. How sweet, isn’t it?  Would you try it? xo

P.S: Also, Austria's green park-o-lake and this underwater art museum.
P.P.S: Remember her?

(Photos via jetpac, Troy, Allison Rigler and Hideaway Island)

18 comments:

laurenjeanallece said...

That's hysterical! I would absolutely have to do it - how could you not?!

I just love all the neat things you post Diana! It always makes me so excited for how much there is to experience and see in life!

Melissa Blake said...

Oh man, that is amazing!!

Inés said...

I was checking out your blog, when my Luka came to sit down with me...and with me I mean in the same chair os course!...and now "we must go to Vanuatu, Mum!" to "the coolest post office in the world!"...
I rest my case!
Big hugs, Diana!

Inés
SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Kristina said...

No that is a post office! How cool is that??

Mimi said...

ohmygosh, wow! this is the coolest thing ever! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
The Madelaine Chocolate Company Giveaway
Open internationally: Spirit Ink Tattoo Giveaway

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

that's incredible! love this so much!

Lena P Cox said...

I probably would...if no sharks, ha ha.
I have to wonder, how do people come up with this type invention....it's definitely 'OUT THE BOX'

Anacristina said...

How cool! Who would have thought to create that?

x's & o's
Anacristina
laughs.blogspot.com

Roselie said...

How awesome is that!! I would definattely DEFINATELY try it if I got the chance!

Diana Mieczan said...

Lauren, you are so lovely!!! Btw: I would totally do it too:) What a gem.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..hi, Luka:) Inés, kiddos know best, don't they? (LOVE)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lena, no sharks at all:)

HiLLjO said...

This is too hilarious!!! I wonder if my postal working father in law knows about this...?

Amber said...

that is really cool. I would be too scared (scuba diving freaks me out) but I will live vicariously through these pics.

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

I have no words, this is breathtaking!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

I have no words, this is breathtaking!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

I have no words, this is breathtaking!

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk