Travel Fantasy: Casa Malaparte

Wednesday, August 22, 2012


Gasp, wouldn’t you love to stay in this 1937 villa? This slice of heaven was built in the Isle of Capri in Italy on the edge of a cliff just above the sea. You can get there by hiking or taking a short, but spectacularly breezy boat ride. Oh boy, just imagine the mesmerizing view overlooking the rooftop patio or the sound of waves casting upon the rocks in the morning. Must be a dream come true to stay there even for a little bit – le sigh! Have you been to Italy before? Where to?  xo

P.S: A bit more of Italian romance? Plus, my favourite place in Italy.
P.P.S: Fun fact - The film, Le Mépris starring Brigitte Bardot was shot in this villa:)

(Photos via Nicole EggeLucy Cortey and by Wendy Pájaro)

8 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

Whoa! Dream come true! That would be fabulous to swim in it.

Inés said...

Those pictures are so marvelous, Diana!, The third one is just breathtaking...I would love to visit Capri some day...when in Italy I went to Rome, Venice; Firenze, Milano y Pizza...maybe the next time... le sigh!

Big hugs, sweetie!

Inés
SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Hannah Q. Parris said...

Great find! I've been to Mexico, Canada, and several South American countries, but never Europe...I'm thinking Z & I need to start planning!

Marissa said...

Would love love love to stay here! I can't believe it was built in 1937. It looks so modern.

little t said...

I was in Lake Garda, Venice and Milan. It was so beautiful... but I really want to see the South!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Tiffany. I would fancy a morning swim there too.

Diana Mieczan said...

I so want to visit Milan, Inés. Our friends went there last year and they loved it.

Ela said...

An amzaing place, I'd like to go there someday

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk