NYC Farmers' Market

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My mom always says that if life gets too crazy, she treats herself to an early morning farmers' market trip and homemade breakfast. Despite the busyness and all the noise, she finds it incredibly relaxing, go figure!

Well, a few weeks ago Aron and Ashley took a stroll down to the amazing New Amsterdam Dairy Market, have you been there? It’s held every Sunday and it has the most scrumptious selection of locally made products. Just looking at those photographs makes me want to whip up my spatula and get cooking.

Loves, do you go regularly to your farmers' market? When was the last time you visited it? What do you usually buy there? xo

P.S: Psst, this Sunday is ice cream Sunday, yum!
P.P.S: Plus, this stunning Parisian flower market and the awesome NYC rooftop farm.

(Photos by Ashley & Aron)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be in New York this weekend for the ice cream market. Such a beautiful place and it makes me want to eat healthier. Cheers, Grace

Cara said...

EVERYTHING! But I love to buy farmer's market tomatoes and make fresh puntanesca with them <3
Lilac and Grey

Eliza Jane said...

I love farmers markets! I go to mine every Sunday morning. It's such a great way to start the day, and I get a real sense of community when I go. x

Diana Mieczan said...

Grace, I get that too. As soon as I see tons of super fresh veggies and fruits, I always tell myself that I should eat healthier.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yum, Cara! I love spaghetti alla puttanesca. (I am craving it now..)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is such a good point, Eliza. I love chatting with all the people there too:)

Inés said...

Here in Santiago, the famers came to our district, every thursday...I usually by tomatoes, basil, and avocados from "Don Pancho" and María and her daughters made the most amazing and fresh "buratta" and a fantastic Mozzarella di Bufala... Goodness I am drooling just thinking about their cheeses!

Big hugs, dear Diana!
Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Amber said...

There is a farmers market right across the street from where I work and I dont think I have ever gone. I'm just so tired by the time I get out of work

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh boy, Inés...it sounds SO good. Wish I could join you one day for a bit of market shopping...le sigh! Btw: I utterly adore Mozzarella di Bufala:)

Stephanie said...

I haven't been to the farmers' market in 3 1/2 weeks... so sad. The one closest to me only runs Saturdays from 9-1, and my weekends have been too busy lately. I'm really hoping to get there this Saturday, because I miss those fresh fruits and veggies and my usual Saturday morning breakfast of a freshly-baked spinach and cheese croissant!

HiLLjO said...

We like the FM here in Omaha, as well. I get what your mom means; sometimes when I draw I turn on the TV. I don't even watch, I just need the noise!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, HiLLjO:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh boy, freshly-baked spinach and cheese croissants sounds amazing, Stephanie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk