Julia Child's Garlic Tip!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Let’s finish this Wednesday with a great little tip from the lady who would be 100 years old today. According to Julia Child, there is nothing easier than peeling garlic her way. Simply drop garlic cloves into a pan of boiling water and boil them for exactly 30 seconds on the dot. The peels will slip right off!  Who would have thought?

To celebrate her, tonight I’m going to boil up a head of garlic, mash an avocado and make a few poached eggs. Cheers to Julia:) xo

"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you’ve got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child

P.S: Also, her nifty little poached egg trick that I swear by!

(Top photo by Jim Scherer, 2nd by Andrew Scrivani for NY Times, 3rd left on cardspond and 3 last photos by Viviane Bauquet Farre. Layout by exPress-o)

14 comments:

Mal said...

What a great tip! I just adore Julia Child

Mal @ The Chic Geek

the southern hostess said...

Can't wait to try it out! She's the queen!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Mal and the southern hostess, she is the queen, indeed:)

Monica | Hola!design said...

great tip! Julia is such a legend! Love her!

kyleen said...

I need to try this! I hate, hate, hate peeling garlic. Love your photos!

kyleen said...

I need to try this! I hate, hate, hate peeling garlic. Love your photos!

laurenjeanallece said...

I can't wait to try this! I hate peeling garlic so I always buy pre-peeled, haha

tutusandtea said...

Love this! Love Julia... What a true inspiration she was to so many... Bon Appetite!

Silvia C said...

Great tip for peeling garlic. Didn't know that one. Oh dear Julia. What a teacher! Thanks for sharing, doll!

Diana Mieczan said...

Lauren and Kyleen, I agree. Peeling garlic is no fun but this little gem really works. I tried it last night and it was amazing...No fuss at all!

HiLLjO said...

Peeling and chopping garlic is like, my favorite.

I put the clove under a thick knife and with the palm of my hand I smack down onto the clove; then twist the skin off. 5 seconds.

I have no patience for boiling water lol

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO...you are so funny - giggle:)

Laura Bear said...

That poached egg trick is amazing!! Cheers to Julia!!

My Soul is the Sky said...

i can smell that garlic from just looking at it. really cool trick.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk