exPress-o Film Club: It's Complicated

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Have you seen the movie It's Complicated? What did you think? Since it came out I watched it about 5 times, including last Sunday night. For me Meryl Streep can not do anything wrong, the lady is incredible and Alec Baldwin is totally hilarious (and hairy) - remember his omg line? It’s one of those films that ticks all the boxes from being funny, heartwarming and extremely scrumptious (the Croque monsieur sandwich holds a whole new meaning to me now) to even a bit heartbreaking.

Bits and bobs:
- Btw: wasn't Meryl fantastic in Julie and Julia? And have you seen her in one of her newest roles as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady? I haven't yet.
- I read that she tries to lead as ordinary life as she can and she says: "you can't get spoiled if you do your own ironing".
- Here is more about the movie.
- John Krasinski has a tiny little role in the movie but he nailed it!
- Check out how he felt about meeting The President for the first time - so funny!
- Meryl kisses and tells.
- Alec was also recently featured on the new Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee with Jerry Seinfeld.
- Steve Martin and Alec made a brilliant Oscars' duo, didn't they?
- Oh, we can not end this post without including Jack Donaghy's best lines from 30 Rock.
- And Nancy Meyers (the director) talks about the movie.

P.S: How about this one?

(Photos via IMDb)

16 comments:

ElsaD said...

LOVED THAT MOVIE!!!!! I have also watched it several times since its release. What I like the most is that it's a movie for everybody: family, friends, significant other...And of course Meryl is an acting Godess. Can't get enough of her. XOXO

Chapstick Fanatic said...

i loved that movie - probably because it was centered around food a lot of the time. and that house...

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

yup saw the movie - i think M is AMAZING - she always produces great work!

KristiMcMurry said...

I laughed SO HARD in that movie. I saw it with a friend of mine and the part with the computer on the bed...I couldn't breathe. So good!

Elizabeth Benfield said...

i watched this with my mom and sis last weekend and thought it was awesome!

Diana Mieczan said...

Elsa, so well said. That movie is truly for the whole family:) LOVE!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh my goodness, that house and the kitchen itself was totally amazing, indeed Chapstick Fanatic:) I LOVED all the food too. Psst, just thinking about it makes me hungry:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Kristi! We were laughing out loud as well during that part. How hilarious:)

Dancing Branflake said...

I love both of them! What a fun movie!

Mimi said...

i absolutely loved it's complicated! everytime they show it on tv, i have to watch it! ;) it is hilarious and heart-warming. :)

p.s. i also loooove meryl streep's bakery and house in the movie! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Mile End Bakery Giveaway: Win a dozen cookies of your choice!
Open internationally: Win a set of temporary tattoos!

tutusandtea said...

absolutely one of my top 3 favorite movies...among Julie & Julia, & Eat, Pray Love... I knew we'd be friends :) Great choice!

tutusandtea said...

p.s. I visited City Bakery this summer for the sole purpose that I heard it was the inspiration for Meryl's bakery in this movie! Hers was much more magical of course, but I pretended I was there all the same :)

tutusandtea said...

p.s. I visited City Bakery this summer for the sole purpose that I heard it was the inspiration for Meryl's bakery in this movie! Hers was much more magical of course, but I pretended I was there all the same :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Mimi, that bakery was incredible, wasn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

tutusandtea, you're such a sweetheart and how awesome that you visited City Bakery:) Magical, indeed!

Lena P Cox said...

haven't seen..
will tonight...
over brushetta, bread and wine
Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk