exPress-o Film Club: Bridesmaids

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Let’s kick off exPress-o's film club with one of my favourite 2011 movies, Bridesmaids. Have you seen it? What did you think?

For me, Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and Melissa McCarthy made a fantastic group of witty, hilarious to the point of tears ladies who get themselves into some cringe-worthy situations. Annie (Kristen Wiig) is my favourite of them all. As much as she is a total mess, with totally unhealthy outlook on relationships (hello, Jon Hamm) she makes my heart sink.

The flight scene is one of those oh my goodness I can't look but I want to moments and the other one was the dress fitting. Can you imagine this situation in real life when your friend gets food poisoning in a posh bridal shop? Oh boy!

Bits and bobs:
- Recently, Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and Jon Hamm also played together in Friends with Kids.
- Kristen, Maya and Melissa invented a great drinking game
- Kristen was the vioce of pudgy beaver mom in Ice Age 3 while Maya played Nurse Leah Martine in Chicago Hope. (Remember that series?)
- Those two rascals are also brilliant and totally hilarious on SNL!
- Melissa McCarthy also plays in Mike and Molly - a sweet little telly series that I watch and Jon Hamm is the hottie from Mad Man!
- He was also the gorgeous bartender in Ally McBeal back in the day + check him out on David Letterman:)
- On the set with the actors.

And here are are bloopers from the movie.

P.S: Plus, each time I drink pink lemonade I think about this:

(Top Photo by Christopher Andersen for W Magazine, 2nd and 3rd via Madison Welch)

21 comments:

Alexa said...

Okay I really need to see this movie. Have heard such good things.

Dancing Branflake said...

I totally need to see this movie tonight! I've heard awesome reviews.

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany and Alexa, it is a brilliant movie! Have fun watching it.

Tish said...

lol yes! this brightened my day. Love this darn movie. Best quotable movie.

Behold the Metatron said...

I'll be completely honest. I hated this movie. However... I am getting married in October and I will not be surprised if I end up loving it after. Don't get me wrong, Melissa M was hysterical and I laughed every second of her presence. But the rest of the movie just didn't compete with her. I know... I'm in the minority. haha

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Elizabeth Benfield said...

i have such a lady crush on kristen wiig. she is, hands down, my favorite. but i love uncomfortable humor so bridesmaids is perfect for that. i always tell husband that i should start every day watching the plain scene from that movie. im pretty sure my days would be full of laughing and snorting ... even more so. i think i quote the "im here, and im ready, to party" at least 6 times a month ... but only when its completely appropriate :)

Elizabeth Benfield said...

plane*

HiLLjO said...

I LOVED Bridesmaids!!! Shawn took me on a date to see it before the wedding. It was totally unexpected and I loved all of it.

Did you know the air marshall and the lady who steals the puppies are married? LOL!

Diana Mieczan said...

Tish, yes! "Best quotable movie".

Diana Mieczan said...

Kristen, how exciting! Congrats on your upcoming wedding:) Btw: no worries, it's great to have all types of opinions.

Diana said...

I bet the drinking game is fun!! I love this movie! How weird were her roommates too! But Rebel Wilson looks so funny in Pitch Perfect!! I hope you had a lovely weekend!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Elizabeth! Isn't she the coolest? And the quote is brilliant..I should totally start using it too...Would be fun! You're awesome:)

Kim said...

One of my faves from 2011 was "Crazy, Stupid, Love" with the lovely Ryan Gosling.

Lena P Cox said...

I was sorry I watched it for some reasons and then for others, felt it taught me something about values. However, won't watch twice.

Patricia Villamil said...

Hilarious for sure! Kirsten and Maya are a nice duo!

Diana Mieczan said...

Di, so true. The roommates were really weird, indeed!

Diana Mieczan said...

Kim, I loved that movie as well!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Patricia! Those two make such a fun duo:)

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

LOVED IT!

Melissa McCarthy is crazily talented! I loved her as Sookie in Gilmore Girls!

Oh and I love that her real-life husband plays this guy on the plane. It´s hilarious!

xo

Punctuation Mark said...

I love this movie!!! It's so funny... I love the bridal shower scene where she goes berserk!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO and Martie, that is so cool! I didnt know that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk